1.5 Carat Moissanite-Is It Questionable?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 61
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

The general public knows nothing about gemstones.

I have a 6 carat very light blue, very well cut (super sparkley!) Topaz solitaire that I wear on my right hand. Numerous people have referred to it as a diamond. I dont think any of them have really considered what a 6 carat blue diamond would cost and whether I am likely to have the means to afford that. I think the thought  process is sparkly stone + gold setting + woman of marriagable age = diamond.

I have always offered that it is actually a topaz, but that hasn’t really drawn any reaction from anyone. I don’t think people care what stone anyone has, most people just  like pretty things and compliment pretty things.

So get a 1.5 carat stone (of any kind) if that’s what makes you happy and is within your financial means. 

Post # 63
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

lovelylovelylife :  sorry for such the late reply! I have a Forever One colourless from moissaniteco.

Post # 64
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

mikesgirl123 :  I really agree with you and I don’t understand why many people on the bee insist that moissanites are super “obvious.” In reality who cares what your stone is? I am not going to waste my time judging a stranger’s ring…unless they are very into jewelery most people just look into diamonds/rings only once in their life when they get engaged so I am sure that not everyone is as informed about different types of stones available as we are (aka people who look into this kind of stuff for fun). 

Post # 66
36 posts
Newbee

I have a 1 carat moissanite ring and it looks amazing! I think the rounds look most diamond like, actaully very identical. The ovals are good too and I don’t think people will question you and if they do, you should get rid of those people from your life lol

Post # 67
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: Outdoors

I love my 1.5 carat moissy 

Post # 68
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

1.5 here, and no one has asked.

Post # 69
2992 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

It would be extremely rude to question someone about the authenticity of their stone. … it’s not commonly done as you can tell by the responses here.

However that does *not* mean that everyone believes the large diamond simulant on your hand is a diamond.  That’s just hope and wishful thinking on the part of the sim wearer!

Some will believe you have a diamond, some will know you don’t!  Thus while DSSS (diamond simulant shrinkage syndrome) exists,  smaller stones are much more believable op….

Post # 72
552 posts
Busy bee

mrstodd2bee :  strange lady you are… pretty sure you have posted a variation of this comment on every moissanite thread here i’ve ever seen.

if moissanite threads were a real place, i picture you outside with a westboro-esque sign like “GOD HATES MOISSANITE!”

Post # 73
2992 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

yaara :  Funny, I consider the pretense/self delusion that goes on about sims as “strange”.  Such a plethora of people who say they didn’t want a diamond, then (erroneously) proclaim that everyone around them totally believes their large sim is a diamond!  (And are bothered when it is pointed out that some people in their lives will know/notice their stone is different/not a genuine diamond!)

Its just a ring, the sentiment counts the most but when someone asks for advice as the op did in this case, it’s best to be honest. Spreading false info about believability, especially when it pertains to larger simulants, doesn’t help the person asking the question. 

Post # 74
38 posts
Newbee

ElephantAndTheFlea :  hey do you have a picture of you moissy ring? my bf and i are going to look at an emerald cut moissy ring this week and id love to get an idea of what it looks like in person!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors