(Closed) 1.5 ct or 2 ct center stone for engagement ring?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
1758 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Oooooo lovely! I would go the 2 carat πŸ™‚

Post # 3
3058 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
oli318:  I have a similar size band – it’s 4mm at the crown, from 2.5 at the base. I’m a size 5.75 and my diamond is a 1.70, so right in the middle of your choices. I’ll postal few views for perspective. 

Additonally, this website allows you to plug in your ring size, band thiciness, and stone size for comparison: http://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.5ct-round-vs-2ct-round/ 

Post # 4
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2005 - A Castle

I’m a 5.5 ring size and both looked good on me; but I’m a “go big or go home” kind of person, so I’d say 2 ct. I think moissyco has a good return policy and the price difference between 8mm and 7.5mm isn’t huge. Can you not go to a local jeweler and try some on just for reference?

Post # 6
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2005 - A Castle

View original reply
oli318:  oh, yes, that makes a difference then.  Go big! 

Post # 7
484 posts
Helper bee

Go the bigger route

Post # 8
3058 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
oli318:  thank you. A lot of women experience “ring shrinkage” over the years, so I would go with the 2 carat if I were you πŸ™‚

Post # 9
320 posts
Helper bee

I’m a size 5.5 and I have a1.36 carat in a cathedral setting.  Personally,  i wouldn’t want much bigger than that because i like the way it fits my finger.  So,  I would go for the 1.5 carat.  I’m in the minority,  obviously πŸ™‚

The topic ‘1.5 ct or 2 ct center stone for engagement ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors