(Closed) 1.5 mm bands.. Too little?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Can we see a picture of your e-ring? I went small 2.0mm and it really looked off against my e-ring. 

Post # 3
977 posts
Busy bee

12919237_10207560419547213_1616320499_n

View original reply
spotsandstrips:  Mine tapers. It starts at 2mm at the bottom and gets thinner towards the stone I am not 100% but I think mine is around 1.5-1.7sih mm. I really like how it makes the stone pop. It feels sturdy and heavy even though its quite dainty.

Post # 4
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

My band is 1mm!

Post # 5
3324 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I would not go thinner than 2mm with pave. Even w/o pave it risks getting out of round so easily. It might look good, but if it’s in the shop four times a year because you bent it opening a door I don’t think its worth it!

Post # 6
551 posts
Busy bee

I loveeeee my 1.5mm!

Post # 7
10569 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I have a 1.5mm half eternity band, and it’s very thin looking. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable going with a pave shank that thin for an engagement ring. A 2mm shank will still look dainty and will be more sturdy. 

Post # 8
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I have a 1.7mm engagement ring which tapers in towards the flower and a 2mm wedding band. My jeweller said he wouldn’t want to do less than 2mm for a diamond band because it was too risky. How wide is your engagement ring? Or is this your engagement ring?

View original reply
spotsandstrips:  

Post # 9
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

Mine also tapers. I think the top is about 1.6mm. My stone is a 1 carat Montana sapphire, equivalent in diameter to about a .65 carat diamond. I really like the thinness of my setting, but I would choose a minimum of 2mm for anything with pave or diamonds in the shank. I’m just not delicate and would worry about stones popping out more often in the thinner setting.

Why do my pics always post so huge when I go through the effor to make them smaller?? 🙁

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  flip_flop.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  flip_flop.
Post # 10
4251 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

2mm is really a lot more durable.  Chances of warping a 1.5mm band are a lot higher.  Now that said, I have a 1.5mm band. lol.  But I don’t wear it everyday and I have only had it a few years.  It is still in great shape though.

Post # 11
7802 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I tried on a few 1.5mm rings earlier this week–and knew instantly that I’d whack one out of round in no time. 

Post # 12
1066 posts
Bumble bee

Both my bands are 1.5 mm (my pave e-ring might be 1.4mm) and I love them! I wouldn’t want to go any bigger since I have small hands and prefer very dainty rings. I have zero worries about them being sturdy, even with the pave. It’s only half eternity but has pave under the basket as well, I’ve worn it 24/7 for over two years and have never even had a stone come loose even though I’m very rough with it.image61

Post # 13
5018 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

My ring is 2mm at its widest and tapers to 1.5mm.

Post # 14
2763 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

View original reply
spotsandstrips:  The band on my solitaire is 1.6mm, I love how delicate it looks. I wouldnt want to go under 2mm with pave though. 

Post # 15
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

1.5 for pave ? Most jewelers won’t even do that…if it’s just solid gold then go for it. Mine is 1.8 and it’s very thin…I like that look and I think it highlights the diamond. 

The topic ‘1.5 mm bands.. Too little?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors