(Closed) 1.5 mm bands.. Too little?

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 33
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

spotsandstrips:  i have a pretty thin pave band on my e-ring, not sure of the exact size, but i think it’s 1.5 or 1.7. i’ve had it for a year and half and i never, ever take my ring off. like ever. i haven’t had a single problem with it… it’s not bent and i haven’t had any lost stones. 

eta: sorry the pics are so huge, thought i resized them but i guess not… 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  PenguinCandy.
Post # 34
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

spotsandstrips:  I have a 2 mm (I think it’s more like 1.8 or 1.9 though). It is very slim and sometimes I wish I had gone with the 2.5 mm. 

I guess 1.5 mm would be fine as well, it depends on personal preference. But the visible difference between the two is something I doubt you will even notice on your hand. Go with what the jeweller recommends for the setting you are getting. Also, if your stone is on the larger side I definitely would go with the wider band. Symmetry is important ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 35
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

l have a 1.5mm. It’s been a year and s bit, l’ve never had any problems. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 36
6554 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

I agonized over the width of my band, too. The setting came standard with a 2.5 mm band, and I really considered having it made in 1.8 mm or 2.0 mm, but it wasn’t worth the extra cost (we already paid extra to have it made in yellow gold, a metal they didn’t offer in the setting we bought). When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised that the band looked thin enough for my taste. I would definitely go with the 2 mm, especially if you have a pave band. Narrower bands often don’t contain enough metal to keep them sturdy or from going out of round too easily. They’re beautiful, but not durable enough for me.

Post # 37
8919 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

spotsandstrips:  There’s not that much difference. That .5 mm does not make your stone look larger. I’d get whichever feels more natural, or if they feel the same, I’d get the wider just because it’s probably a tiny bit sturdier.

Post # 38
551 posts
Busy bee

teacherlady:  of course! Mine is from adiamor.com. French basket setting I believe it is called!

Post # 39
316 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

tolkenbee:  gosh, I adore your set!

Post # 40
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

cjousnamer:  thanks, so do I ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 41
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I have a 1MM and a 2MM band. The 1MM band is sandwiched in and has chocolate diamonds set in light chocolate gold. I think that thin bands look GORGEOUS, especially with a straight band halo!

i knew I wanted something very thin for my third band, and I knew I wanted to do something a little “different”. Just have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 42
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

This is my set btw! I just got it in so I’m definitely enjoying posting pictures and showing it off, so sorry if y’all see it everywhere! Lol

Post # 43
50 posts
Worker bee

LovingLife89:ย  I’m actually considering buying the exact same ring as you From adiamor however I’m getting a 0.7 carat round diamond. if you don’t mind me asking, does the band feel sturdy and have you had any issues with diamonds falling out? I’m also trying to decide if I want 1.5mm or 2mm because of the durability. I also love how thinner bands makes the diamond stand out more and I wonder if my 0.7 carats round diamond will still look big with a 2mm band? Thanks!

Post # 44
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

My original engagement ring is 1.7 where the diamonds are and tapers to 1.5 in the middle. Its 10k rose gold, so its more durable than white or yellow gold. Ive never had a problem with it. My tungsten e-ring al so protects it a bit from certain wear and tear. 

Post # 45
1242 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Hagakyrkan

My ring is an antique so it wasn’t completely round when I got it and has gotten a little warped since. Its 1mm åt the thinnest part on the inside, and about 2mm at the widest. It doesn’t have any stones that can fall oit though and the center diamond sits securely. I’ve always known I will have to reset it some day, but I will wait as long as possible.

Here it is in all its warped glory on our vacation on Mallorca ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘1.5 mm bands.. Too little?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors