1.5 or 2 mm E-ring bands?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1539 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

1.7mm on a size 4.5! Had it for 9 months so far and it hasn’t warped or anything! I love it

Post # 17
1470 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve actually been trying to decide on  a 2mm or 2.2mm for another ring… it’s so hard to tell in pictures, ahhh

Post # 18
166 posts
Blushing bee

My future Engagement Ring is 2.2mm at the base and tapers to 1.8 halfway up and 1.5 at the stone. It’s pave…..will I regret this?!?!

Post # 19
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

This is 1.6mm 🙂

Post # 20
1470 posts
Bumble bee

desss :  OMG thank you for that tip – diamdb.com – it even lets you change the finger size and color!!  I feel like more bees need to know about that based on the amount of threads I see like this one.  I went and decided on 2mm instead of 2.2 because of you, thank you 🙂

Post # 21
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

1.5mm on a size 4 finger ❤️💍  I have a basket setting so that helps keeps my diamond more secure. I clean my ring almost every day and it’s going strong.  My advice is to have your ring appraised, insured, and get it inspected every few years or so.  

Post # 22
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

rusty15 :  

Mine is 1.8mm and it’s very durable!

Here’s my Round Brilliant diamond set in a 1.8mm white gold 6 prong from Blue Nile!

Post # 23
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

rusty15 :  this is a nailpolish shot rather than a ring shot so the ring might not be in focus, but oh well 🙂

My e-ring is about 1.7mm and tapers in thinner towards the flower. My wedding ring is 2mm. My ring size is about 5.75 US I think, and I have short fingers lol. 

Hope it offers some perspective even if it’s not a solitaire! 

Post # 24
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - City, State

ecampbell :  hello! What’s the size of your center diamond? Is it 1 carat? 

Post # 25
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Even though everyone says that a 2mm band still looks dainty, to me personally  it definitely doesnt. It all depends on personal preference.  My jeweler told me that as long as I am not having a paved band, it should be alright as he added more gold to the height rather than the width. I have a 14k rose gold morganite solitare if that helps! One of my best friends has a 1.2 mm band and has had it almost 2 years from the same jeweler and it hasn’t warped or bent out of shape either. Like I said, it depends what you want! The first photo is mine and the second is hers on my hand (obviously too small.. haha, but I wanted to see her band width on my finger)

Post # 26
1353 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

natashagill :  I have a moissanite ring. The center stone is a 1-carat equivalent. Here’s my set now:

20170825_1736041

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors