(Closed) 1.5mm engagement ring band?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 31
271 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
robynrox47 :  hey there again! haha! i remember talking to you on another thread! if you don’t mind, could i ask you what your experiences have been with a band as thin as this! does your ring spin? do you have to take extra care of it to make sure it doesn’t get warped? thanks!!!! 🙂

Post # 32
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Rachael Daniel :  Hey there! It does spin but only because I can’t brnig myself to part with it to have it sized… Otherwise I think it woudl stay put. I got a 10k wedding band along side my 14k ering to avoid having such a soft gold. I have a RHR that is 18k and quite thin… i’ve had it reshaped a few times due to warping.

Post # 33
271 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
robynrox47 :  Wow okay! I am thinking of getting mine in 1.5 mm but now I am a bit afraid. Is it expensive to get it reshaped? Also, with a small band like that, if my finger size is somewhere between 4.5 and 4.75 would you recommend I go 4.5 which is tighter or go for 4.75 which is just nice? Does it make a difference with a smaller band? How often do you wear your e-ring? 🙂

Post # 34
17 posts
Newbee

I know this thread is super old, but I’m wondering if anyone here ordered their thin band ring in a 1/4 size smaller than your true size? Our jeweler is recommending that I order a 5.75 instead of a 6 beacause I’m a true 6 in a 2mm band, and the one I’m ordering is 1.6mm… any thoughts?

Post # 35
1637 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
teacheramy :  I know that for me, thin bands do need to be smaller on my finger to fit well.

Now, if you are going to add other rings, they will fit more snugly at the same size in some cases.  I stack a lot, so got some of them larger by 1/4 to all the way to 1/2 size larger.

The topic ‘1.5mm engagement ring band?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors