1.6 ct grey emerald diamond… Second thoughts

posted 7 months ago in Rings
Post # 16
1759 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

mslarae :  OMG no Bee!!! Do not question yourself! The ring is so very beautiful, it’s a classic cut and setting (though different enough to be “eclectic” like you) and by going by the photos really befits you. The ring is stunning and matches your stunning self. The end. (no doubts please) 

Post # 17
6169 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

Your ring is beautiful and unique and looks gorgeous on your hand. I like the ways it incorporates modern and classic elements. I don’t think it’s too large at all, especially given the other jewelry/adornment you are wearing in your photo. The gold is also beautifully striking against your skin!

Have you had people say things to you about your ring that make you think the size of your ring could be impacting how you are perceived at work?

If it’s primarily in your head, I would focus on getting more comfortable and catching myself when I’m worrying about what someone might think of my ring. This is your ring, you love it. Get comfortable about being seen (especially since it’s doing exactly what you said you wanted it to do- be visible from the stage!)

If there are things that people (who are in decision making roles at your company) have said to you, I would consider finding a simple band that you could wear at your other job.

Post # 18
1871 posts
Buzzing bee

mslarae :  Your ring is beautiful and suits you very well. I think the shape and the fact it’s a colored stone makes it more eclectic and tones it down alot. With that being said you also have to be the one to love it. How about trying a more subtle band style ring for work and use your engagement ring as a right hand ring or special occasions?

Post # 19
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: By the lake

That ring looks beautiful on you!  

Post # 20
94 posts
Worker bee

Absolutely stunning ring. I actually think it has a very timeless feel to it….something about the halo. And gray diamonds are perfect for what it seems like you’re going for, dramatic, but more demure than clear/white ones, even in larger sizes. Also, lovely with your skin tone!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors