(Closed) 1.60CT DOUBLE HALO OR SINGLE HALO?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I think a single halo would look best because two will distract from the actual stone, especially at that size. I have a size 7 finger and wear a 2 ct diamond with a single halo.

I think it provides good finger coverage and definitely doesn’t look “tiny.”

Post # 17
171 posts
Blushing bee

Single halo!! I think double halos are kind of tacky and only used with really small stones

Post # 18
3307 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have a 2.2 ct diamond in a thin halo. My fingers are size 7 and it doesn’t look small. But I’m not going for the ginormous look…I’ll let others do that.

Post # 20
1762 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Honestly I think that maybe your thinking that 1.3 carat is small because of the way the prongs are placed. my 2 carat diamond was set in a silver place holder with prongs like that while the jeweller made my halo setting, so I didn’t have to part with my stone while he was making it, and I thought it was small ( a 2 carat is definitely NOT small) my fingers are quite puffy, but I think it was the way the prongs were that gave it that look as opposed to say a classic Tiffany solitaire. I love halos single and double! but I’m a bling lover and for me bigger is better in terms of chunkier stones and settings suit my chubby fingers better! Good luck bee! 

Post # 21
1217 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

That 1.3 carat is facing up pretty small for its weight (looks like a 1 ct). This has to do with the cut qualit. My guess is that it’s not AGS or GIA certified and is cut “steep and deep.” Try visiting an independent jeweler who stocks GIA orAGS stones and trying some on. AGS retailers are less common than GIA retailers. Try browsing around Pricescope if you want some help. I strongly recommend buying online – whiteflash or Brian Gavin diamonds. ID jewelry has a brick and mortar store in NYC but does a lot of online business and I highly recommend them.

The topic ‘1.60CT DOUBLE HALO OR SINGLE HALO?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors