1.68 versus 1.93 carat?

posted 4 months ago in Rings
Post # 16
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2022

View original reply
@CooperandLillysmom:  respectfully disagree that larger stone needs larger sidestones…i hate when there isn’t a large contrast with center stone and the side stones…i would get large center stone and tiny side stones personally

Post # 17
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2021

View original reply
@megs229:  this is just an example of what I’m talking about I definitely don’t like huge sides stones. Personally these side stones (if it wasn’t a pave but a solitaire) look to small for a 2 ct center, but the solitaire has the perfect balance to me. Most of the fun on wedding bee is seeing so many different styles 😊

Post # 18
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2001

I’ll echo what the other posters have stated. Get the stone that has the best CUT. A poorly cut large stone will leak light and look dull/flat (plus if it’s cut too deep, it may face up smaller anyhow). Better to have a perfectly cut, sparkly smaller stone. After that’s out of the way, make sure that your side stones are the proper proportion and of comporable quality and you’re all set.

Good luck!

Post # 19
3157 posts
Sugar bee

You can use the following website to see what the diamond size would look like on your size of finger.

http://www.diamdb.com

See the diamond’s in person if you can. One might have a prettier pattern of sparkles than the other. 

Post # 20
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2022

View original reply
@CooperandLillysmom:  i personally think the bottom solitaire is ugly with the huge sidestones (also think you pay zero attention then to main stone) and WAY prefer to the look of the pave band with smaller sidestones so it’s really just personal preference 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors