(Closed) 1.8ct cushion too big? , Can you pls post your rings & ring sizes! :)

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: 1.8ct cushion on a size 5

Too big

There's no such thing as "too big"

• Post # 2
    3109 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman

I don’t believe in “never too big” lol, I’ve definitely seen diamonds too big for my taste but this looks like a nice size in my opinion, not too big but definitely noticeable.

Post # 3
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I’m glad you decided to return your original one – I hope you love the 1.8!

Post # 4
    9486 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@bbbria and @MeandMyLouboutins both have lovely 1.8 moissy cushions, I think!

Post # 5
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

It’ll be fabulous. I love that style and size. Here’s my 2 ct Amora Gem on a size 5 finger. I find it large but not too large for my taste, and yours will be just a liiiiittle smaller than that. It really helped me to decide on stone size when I could see similar sizes on similar fingers that belonged to someone else. IMG_20150405_135950

Post # 7
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    Mrs.Camacho01:  Thanks! Make sure to post your new one when you get it. FWIW, I also went from a 1.25 equivalent stone to a 2 ct because I kept wishing I’d had that little bit extra while I had the smaller stone. No regrets here.  

ETA: regarding thinking it’s too big when you first get it, yes, that will probably happen. Just give it a couple days. With both of my rings, my initial reaction was “I can’t wear that, it’s huge!”. In my case, that began to resolve within a day or two πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Taeyers.
    Post # 8
    2013 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    TheGridMonster:  Thanks, Grid! πŸ˜‰

View original reply
    Mrs.Camacho01:  The 1.4 looks great on you, but I think you’ll love the 1.8! I had my 1.25ct princess replaced with a 1.8ct cushion, and at first I was nervous it looked too large, but it’s grown on me and I’m so glad I did it. My ring size is a bit bigger than yours (7.5), but here’s mine:

Post # 9
    377 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    bbbria:  Wow!! It’s gorgeous. And you have beautiful hands, too!

Post # 10
    19 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    Taeyers:  Can I just ask where your wedding band is from? It’s gorgeous and so unique!

Post # 11
    2689 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    TheGridMonster:  I sure do!

My ring size is 6.5… your ring has a halo so it will look much bigger than mine and @bbbria ‘s

Hope you love it!

Post # 13
    2013 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    framarianna:  Thank you so much!

Post # 15
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    ivy3838:  Thanks!! It’s from Amazon. It’s actually plated titanium (I’ve never seen this style in solid gold, probably because it would be too soft to maintain the texture), so it was very inexpensive. I definitely recommend it, it’s really cute and fun in person. 

The topic ‘1.8ct cushion too big? , Can you pls post your rings & ring sizes! :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors