Post # 2
4008 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Absolutely no one will be able to tell.

Post # 3
1430 posts
Bumble bee

Nope. 8.15mm diameter vs 8.22mm? I would be stunned if anyone could tell the 0.07 of a mm difference.

Post # 4
1929 posts
Buzzing bee

Absolutely not. 

Post # 5
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

No, so your next issue may be about which is the “better” diamond in regard to quality since the difference in size is truly a non-issue.

Post # 6
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Would look practically the same 

Post # 7
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

The 1.97 could even look larger depending on how it’s cut. Focus on the dimensions rather than the carat size if you’re looking for a bigger diamond 

Post # 8
1961 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

PPs are right. No one in the entire world would be able to tell lol

Post # 9
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
southerngirl11223344 :  absolutely no noticeable difference. If it were me, I’d go for the 1.97, there’s an irrational price jump when you cross whole numbers, aka savings for just under the 2ct mark. Easy choice.

Post # 10
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2020

Definitely won’t be able to tell but get the ideal cut because you will be able to tell if your diamond doesn’t perform. 

Post # 11
7760 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

Cut is what matters. Choose the stone that is cut better or is more visually appealing. The smaller stone may even face up larger, which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on cut.

Post # 12
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2021 - Schoharie, NY

If they both are visually appealing with identical cuts, colors, and clarities then go with the 1.97 and save yourself a buck. 

Post # 13
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2020 - City, State

Agreed with everyone else. Go for the better quality diamond in terms of color and clarity. If they’re the same go for the cheaper

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors