(Closed) 1 BM’s shoes don’t fit!

posted 8 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’d say let her get whatever fits. I know from experience that sometimes it’s very difficult to find shoes that fit if you have “abnormal” feet. I don’t think anyone will notice and if they do they won’t remember, trust me. I barely remember what my sister’s WEDDING DRESS looked like and that was only a few years ago.

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

If it were me, I would have them all return them and get something that suits their personality. That way, the wider foot one won’t be singled out.

Post # 5
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I would let her get her own pair as long as the color matches.  I don’t think anyone really will notice if the shoes are different then.  Take a look at them and see if they’ll work, and if they don’t then you can have them find different shoes (you’ve got some time)

Post # 6
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Honestly, I’m the girl whose feet didn’t fit in the Bridesmaid or Best Man shoes… haha it’s happened to me!

For this reason, I’m NOT having matching Bridesmaid or Best Man shoes. It could look weird if all of them but one have them, but if they all have non-matching shoes, no one is singled out.

PS-would they fit if you got them stretched? Since it’s a width problem? I’d consult a cobbler or shoe repair place.

Post # 7
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I would take LaborofLove’s advice and see if the problem can be resolved by seeing a cobbler, or I would have everyone wear shoes that fit their own personality if that is not to much trouble now. Luckily it looks like you have some time to figure this out. Good luck and don’t stress! =)

Post # 8
2641 posts
Sugar bee

Personally, this is why I cringe when brides want their girls wearing the same shoe.  Whether it’s wide feet, weak ankles, or just a lack of comfort, it’s really difficult to get a shoe that everyone can wear.  I would allow all the girls to return their shoes, if they want.  Some might prefer to keep it.  But you might find they would rather buy something else.  (Maybe they feel like they can find something cheaper, or something they’d wear again).

I’m not sure if I’d like the cobbleer idea, only because it sounds like it would be extra money.  And I wouldn’t wnat to put an extra expense on my Bridesmaid or Best Man.

The topic ‘1 BM’s shoes don’t fit!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors