(Closed) 1 carat blue sapphire on a size 6 finger?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It would look *AWESOME*, that’s what!

Post # 5
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I don’t have a photo, but just be aware that a 1 ct sapphire will look substantially smaller than a 1 ct diamond due to differences in density and cut.

Post # 6
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

A 1ct diamond is typically around 6.5 mm in diameter.  I think a sapphire would be closer to 6 mm, or .75 ct diamond size.

My ring size is 5.75, so pretty close to a 6.  I recently tried on a 1 ct and it looked *huge* on my finger.  You can’t really tell the difference between a .75 and 1.0 (you can, but 1ct isn’t noticably larger), so we’ll probably get the .75, especially since I was shocked with how big the 1 ct looked on me.

Sapphires would look a little different because of the color (the size might be more noticable) and their refraction index is different from diamonds, so they don’t sparkle as much.

Post # 7
3552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My sapphire is about one carat, I’m also a size 6, but I don’t have any pics cuz my ring is being made. I can tell you that my sapphire is 7mm by 5mm though if that helps. You can also try asking to see a 1 carat ruby because sapphires and rubies are the same mineral so the desities are the same.

Post # 8
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ooh, pick me! 1 carat emerald cut blue sapphire on a size 6 coming right up…

Post # 9
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

Size 5 and wanting a sapphire e-ring. 

fingers crossed for all us sapphire lovers

Post # 11
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

Lovely.

The topic ‘1 carat blue sapphire on a size 6 finger?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors