(Closed) 1 Carat Princess Cut with Channel Accents – Pics Please!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I have a 1.5 carat cushion cut with a pave band and I am a size 4.5.

Post # 5
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Lou947: I haven’t gotten a ton of comments. I live in NYC so the sample size is probably skewed. Of those people who have asked to see it (i.e. close friends/family) they’ve all commented that my Fiance did very well in picking it out. But other than that I’ve only had 1 random stranger comment on it. She called it “hot”.

Post # 6
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

This is mine! sorry for the not so great phone pic

its 1ct cushion as well. 1.5 total with the band

i wear a size 4

Post # 8
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Lou947: I love my cushion cut. I have a radiant cushion so it is very sparkly.

One thing to know about a cushion is that they are a deeper cut, meaning that a cushion cut diamond will look smaller than a princess cut of the same carat weight because the princess is shallower with a larger face up while the cushion is deeper.

Post # 10
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Lou947: The best thing to do would be to go to a jewelry store with a friend and try on rings. That way you can really see how different cuts and sizes actually look on your finger. Plus, it’s a really fun thing to do!

Post # 11
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Mine has a total carat weight of a little over 1.5.  My ring size is a 4.

Post # 12
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have a 1.02 ct princess with two .04 brilliants channel set down the side. I. Love. It. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
3564 posts
Sugar bee

I have a princess cut ring with a channel set band ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s bigger than 1 ct (it’s about 3cts) but as you can see, I don’t think it looks “too large” on my finger at all (sorry for the massive hand pic!). I agree with @KatNYC2011 that the best thing to do is try on different sizes to get a feel for how they’ll look on your finger. 

ETA that the ring is a size 5. 

Post # 14
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@hilsy85: I always drool a little when I see your ring. So beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
3564 posts
Sugar bee

@Linz1231: Aw thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ And CONGRATS on the wedding–you look beautiful in the one pic I saw!! Can’t wait to see more pics

Post # 16
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

My center is 1.5. Ring size is 6.

The topic ‘1 Carat Princess Cut with Channel Accents – Pics Please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors