• Post # 2
    10577 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

What are the specs of the diamond?  

Post # 3
    891 posts
    Busy bee

I am in same boat ! I am going with amora gem because I want a bigger ct for my chubby stubby fingers lol! Also a Amora Gem right now is actaully moer rare than a diamond…. take it from someone who is trying to get a cushion cut amora gem lol

Post # 4
    54 posts
    Worker bee

We ended up going with an Amora and not only was it much more affordable (we are in the process of paying things down and saving for a house), but it is GORGEOUS! I wouldn’t have even been able to tell it wasn’t a diamond myself, it’s so clear and sparkly.. It’s a 0.96 ct, F, SI1, though a jeweler we brought it to said he couldn’t see any inclusions.. we paid just over $500 for the stone, and I’ve looked up diamonds with those specs on Blue Nile and they run anywhere from $4,000-5,000.. I had never heard of Amora before this board and now I would never trade it for a diamond.. It isn’t set yet, but here is a crappy iPhone picture of the gem when it first came in.. That’s a beautiful setting btw! We’re looking for something similar.. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  hnickel416.
    Post # 5
    458 posts
    Helper bee

I’d go with a diamond, if the cut & clarity were good – .75 is nothing to scoff at, it’s a very nice size. If you love diamonds but are unsure about the AG, go with diamond. They don’t “behave” the same.

Beautiful setting choice!

Post # 6
    133 posts
    Blushing bee

What setting is that? I love it. I vote Amora and get a bigger diamond in the future.

Post # 9
    1995 posts
    Buzzing bee

It depends if wearing a diamond is important to you. If it is, then get a diamond. They’re beautiful and billions of years old. 

For me, I am more than happy with my Amora Gem. It’s a clear, sparkly, durable gem.

I’d recommend ordering a loose AG to see if you like it. Similar to diamonds, you’d have to shop around to find “the one”

Post # 10
    6446 posts
    Bee Keeper

GreaterisHE:  It depends on what matters most, size or type of gem.  If you’re embarrassed about wearing an amora gem, go with the smaller diamond, but if you want size and the amora gem is what you want then get it.  I think both would be a great option.

Post # 12
    355 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2015

GreaterisHE:  If you care at all what your mom/family is goign to say about an amora gem vs. diamond, I’d go with the traditional diamond. We went with a nontraditional e-ring (black diamond and really small .1 ct) and I was surprised how annoyed I was at everyone’s well-meaning comments of “dainty” and “unique” though no one meant badly. I just wanted people to stop commenting!

Post # 13
    6446 posts
    Bee Keeper

GreaterisHE:  a .75 carat diamond is still a good sized diamond.  There’s nothing wrong with that.

Post # 14
    2023 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

Amora Gem gets my vote 🙂 I love mine and it’s extremely similar to a diamond “behavior” and sparkle wise. 1.65 carat F VVS2. Just gorgeous! Good luck! Oh I went with it because I wanted something big (always have) but I also wanted to keep saving money for a new house and a ballin’ honeymoon lol. Priorities 😉

The topic ‘1+ ct amora gem or 3/4 ct diamond, help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors