(Closed) 1 ct or 1/2 ct wedding bands?!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i would switch them for the .5 carat bands. all that bling takes away from your ering.

Post # 5
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

…Also, maybe just one band?

Post # 6
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I had a really hard time finding a wedding band too and actually bought and returned 4 different bands. I feel you! I ended up with a half eternity .5 ct band.

I think the 1 ct. bands take away from your e-ring. I would go with either one 1 ct. band, or two .5 ct. bands.

Post # 7
293 posts
Helper bee

If you are worried about what other people think, to some people you can never have enough diamonds… to others, yeah that is a lot! Personally I would think it to be too much, but you should make your decision based on what you like.

Post # 8
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i would get whatever you want! This is your chance to bling it out if that is what you like. Nothing will take away from your engagement ring, purely because its your engagement ring.

Post # 9
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I would go for the .5ct too, especially when doing two bands. I find the larger ones a little distracting and think the more delicate glitter would really make your e-ring pop!

That said, I think you’d be hard pressed to find any girl who wouldn’t take your set 🙂

Post # 10
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I agree with blondeebuckeye, I’d stick with 1 of those, or 2 thinner bands. 

Post # 11
14501 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’ve seen people with tons of bands and lots of bling, and I don’t think it looks weird.  Go with whichever your heart desires!  My personal choice would be to go with the 2 halfcaret bands.

Post # 12
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It definately needs to be whatever makes you happy, and you llike… but in my opinion it hides your gorgeous rock so almost makes it less blingy in a way. I would go for a smaller band and probably only one. Show that rock off don’t hide it!

Post # 13
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i think the setting looks beautiful! but i personally would go with one band if i did the 1ct. or do 2 bands at 1/2 ct. – i agree with Kitzy – i think it takes away from the ering

The topic ‘1 ct or 1/2 ct wedding bands?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors