1 ct vs. 1.25 ct on size 4.5 finger

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
14418 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I dont think its a HUGE diff, but just enough to be noticible.  I wear a 4.25 and have about 1.3.  I think its perfect and would go up to 1.5 before I think it looks “too big”. 

Obligitory picture for reference, which for some reason looks so much bigger in picture than in real life.

Post # 6
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I am a size 4 and my center is a 1.25 cushion cut with a similar band as “pinkshoes” above.  And it looks perfect on my hand!

Post # 7
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My BFF has a 1.25ct diamond and it covered about half her finger….but once she got a double halo setting like 90% of her finger was covered and everyone thinks she has a ROCK.  So it depends on the look you are going for.

Post # 8
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

1.01ct center 4.5 finger

Post # 9
4336 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have a size 4 or 4.25 finger, and my moissy is 1.5c.

Post # 10
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Here are some pics of me trying on a ring (not THE ring, we decided on another.. and I’m still waiting Innocent) but this should be helpful to you. I’m a size 4.5-4.75. Excuse my bad photo-taking skills, but the first one is a 1 carat, and the second is a 1.25 carat. I could tell a slight difference, but it doesn’t seem too drastic too me.

The last photo compares the 1.25 carat (in the setting) to the 1 carat (in the tweezer thingys haha). 

If it’s only an extra $100, I’d say go for the 1.25 (but that’s personal preference). It’s only a slight difference in size, and I don’t think people are going to gawk over it and ask if it’s real or not all the time. Good luck deciding!

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This is just over 1.5 carats on a 3.5 ring…so I think 1.25 on a 4.5 would not be too big at all!  For $100 I’d say go for it 🙂

Post # 12
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I say go for the bigger one 🙂 Carat sizing of engagement rings are like flat screen TVs – it’s never big enough!!! 

Trust me, I once got given a 2.2 carat, crazily gorgeous ring by a lovely man and I have a size 4 finger! Was it too big? Never!

But I am now happily engaged to the love of my life and we just bought our engagment ring yesterday –  a 1.33 round, solitaire 🙂

Post # 14
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It all depends on how you want it to look. I have a 1 and with my job and setting etc I wouldn’t want larger but many of my friends have 1.5+ and they look fabulous. I’m sure you’ll pick the perfect one for you!

Post # 15
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

1.25 on size five finger

Post # 16
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it also depends on the length of your fingers, I have TINY short fingers (size 4.25) and have two one carat diamonds, and it takes up alot more of my finger than some of your photos. (may also be the setting, but really, I have kids sized hands… lol)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors