(Closed) 1 favor per couple? HUGE Stressor for me

posted 8 years ago in Favors
  • poll: Is one favor per couple acceptable?
    Yes : (29 votes)
    78 %
    No : (8 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    2781 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

The only thing I would be concerned about is how are you going to make it clear that it’s only one favour per couple? 

Post # 4
    837 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I say you should really only do one per couple if you doing like homemade honey or jam or something in large bottles. 

I do get what your saying though, with the cost, so I have been to weddings where they did every other seat with a different favor (i.e. half got one favor half got another favor).  Just make sure it’s comparable.  Don’t give one a pretty candle holder and another guest a piece of cardstock that says “thanks” lol

Post # 5
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I don’t think that’s rude or tacky at all.  If most of the couples live together, it really won’t matter.  But I agree with littlemissmoo- it may be hard to make sure the guests realize that its only one per couple.  Still I wouldn’t stress about it.  The guests usually figure it out amongst themselves at the table.  Just put the right amount of favors at each table and call it a day!

Post # 6
    1254 posts
    Bumble bee

I’ve been to weddings where only the women got favors. At that wedding the women got pashmina shawls. It made sense since it was a cool night outside and we had to walk back from the reception site to our hotel rooms.  

One per couple is fine.

Post # 7
    274 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I agree, one per couple is fine – I would put their names on it so they know it’s for both of them.

Post # 8
    990 posts
    Busy bee

one per couple is fine…especially when you’re thinking financially

Post # 9
    513 posts
    Busy bee

Hello, month twin! I think you may run into people not knowing it i si 1 per couple and some people not getting anything at all. Could you find some inexpensive candy and box it? or something else really affordable? I hope you will be able to do this stress free. Relax and everything will be ok. 

Post # 10
    332 posts
    Helper bee

Its totally fine. Some people dont even take the favors. We invited around 250 people but only bought 200 favors. Guys really aren’t into them anyway. Don’t worry.

Post # 12
    278 posts
    Helper bee

I didn’t vote either way, but I can play devil’s advocate here and try to give you and argument for the “no” votes. My only thought is that specific to your situation, a candle holder could be a weird thing to have only one of (though I guess that depends on the type of candle – I’ve never displayed just one candlestick).

Post # 13
    922 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We are having bottles of wine as favors and just 1 per couple..we are putting tags on them….is there a way you can do tags?  I think 1 per couple is fine..

Post # 14
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

I’m one of those who said no (although it’s not that big of a deal to me either, but I lean more towards no, then yes..) and not because of your specific favor. I just have always been to weddings in which everybody got their own. I understand that a couple who lives together may not need two of something (candle I guess), but what about wine (listed above)? I guess, to me it’s not as fair that a single person gets a “whole” favor, and couples split them. BUT, it’s not that big a deal and I’m sure most people won’t care (especially since I’m totally in the minority here! LOL)…by the way, the tag idea (Mr. and Mrs….) is cute!

Post # 15
    1778 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Just put a tag on each favor with names on it.  This will actually make your seating chart a little more rigid than normal since names will be on specific seats.

OR what I have seen once is people use the wedding favors as place card holders. So you could have all the favors lined up on the table and people could find their name and it would have their table # on it.  (of course if your favor is part of your table decor/centerpiece… this doesn’t really work)

If you need me to elaborate, let me know, not sure if I explained it very well.

The topic ‘1 favor per couple? HUGE Stressor for me’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors