(Closed) 1 Groomsman 4 Bridemaids

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

He has asked people and they said “no”?

Honestly I don’t think that it matters if the number is uneven. A wedding that I was in last year had around 10-12 guys and 6 girls.

Post # 5
1209 posts
Bumble bee

Wow! That is lame!! I can’t imagine a friend saying no unless they had a VERY good reason.

Post # 7
1209 posts
Bumble bee

Sounds like it! Poor guy!

Post # 8
47 posts
Newbee

i dont think it would look bad at all if it was uneven. atleast he has one person. I was actually thinking of doing that since my FY doesnt live around the friends he grew up with, and i have sisters. I was just going to do it uneven and at first i though it would be weird..but then i didnt. I mean if you think about it.. when u look at wedding pictures, its usually the bride and her bridesmaids. The focus isnt really on the guy and hus groomsmen. So dont stress too much about it. I mean i think its dumb that his friends and own brother isnt going to be part of it… but dont let it get to you guys. You have as many as you want. i hope this helps a bit.

Post # 9
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

i wouldn’t worry about it that much.  i’m sure he can find another person or two too.  it’s not that big of a deal if things are uneven these days.

Post # 10
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We may be like this the opposite way. Fiance has many close friends who will be there. I have three women I want to bridesmaids but one has an infant and is looking for a job while the other is due 4 weeks before the wedding, and both of those live Out of Town. So, we may be 3 and 1, or even 4 and 1. I’ve decided Fiance deserves his Groomsmen even if my Bridesmaid or Best Man can’t be there. I’m sure you deserve your Bridesmaid or Best Man the same way.

Post # 11
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Wow, I didn’t actually know that people said no to that question.  I honestly don’t think uneven numbers is a big deal.  So three of your girls walk down alone.  No big deal.  I don’t think picture wise it looks that bad either.

Post # 13
1209 posts
Bumble bee

@ hourieg, You can ask any guys that you want…your friends or family members or his.

Post # 14
525 posts
Busy bee

I’m from the UK and here we only ever have a best man and no other groomsmen even though we usually have 3/4 bridesmaids… obviously I know you are having an american wedding but I just thought I’s let you know that it can be done and doesn’t look wierd at all!

Post # 15
521 posts
Busy bee

you have the people who commit to being up there with you. It doesn’t matter! Your bms and his groomsman can all walk out single file. I’ve always thought it was artificial for the groomsmen and bms to pair up and walk out, anyway.

The topic ‘1 Groomsman 4 Bridemaids’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors