(Closed) 1 Groomsman Short

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Why don’t you have your Maid/Matron of Honor walk alone?

I don’t think anyone will think it’s odd if someone walks alone. Or, you could have one guy walk with two ladies.

Post # 4
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it would be cute to have the last guy walk in with two ladies on his arm…he’d feel like "da man"!  He could even smile and ham it up a bit..

Post # 5
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’ve been to weddings where two ladies walk with one guy and it turned out fine. The guy liked the idea too!

Post # 6
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Same suggestion- have 1 Groomsmen walk 2 BMs.

Post # 7
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I’m expecting to have be one Groomsmen short as well.  I think to get around the issue and to avoid forcing my friends to walk down a long church aisle with one of his friends, I am going to have all of the women walk alone.

I went to a wedding where the men just stood at the front of the church while the women walked to the front of the church.  Since my fiance has married friends and others who are committed, I think this will just avoid any awkwardness.  Plus, girls deserve more attention than boys!!! 🙂

Post # 8
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I like the idea of two Bridesmaid or Best Man and one groomsmen. Or you could always have an usher come down the side of the church while the bridesmaids and groomsmen are filing out, and then have him meet up with the last bridesmaid.

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

Wow, my fiance and I are in the exact opposite situation. I have waaay too many groomsmen. I think right now I have 3 more groomsmen then she has bridesmaids, and to make it worse, I have a woman in my party. (My best friend is a woman.) So, some of my dudes are going to have to sit or something. We haven’t decided what we’re doing about that yet. Then again, we’re having an Indian Muslim ceremony, so there’s really nothing for the wedding parties to do besides stand around in pictures.

The topic ‘1 Groomsman Short’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors