(Closed) 1 mm wedding bands. Are they too thin and is it too simple to wear alone?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 32
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I originally ordered a thin band because I thought nothing would tuck under my ering. I didn’t want a huge gap. But when it arrived, I thought it was just too plain, so I ended up finding a perfect thin, but ornate scroll ring instead. Good luck!

First plain band:

Final Ornate Band:

Post # 33
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

my ering is similar to yours – mine is around 1.6mm but ‘high’ in stead and plenty sturdy. I’d try on w-rings to see if your ering overpowers anything that small. Personally I’d want my wedding band to be at least same size as my ering, it’s the more important one, right? 1 mm i super tiny but if you get it in 14k or platinum and it’s not dainty in all ways (if the ring has some height it adds sturdiness) I’m sure it would be fine, but you should check what it looks like with the ering…

Post # 34
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
@MrsMayaBee:  Where were you able to find that band so small? I’ve been looking everywhere (as my engagement ring has a micropave band that is only 1.7mm) – I think it would look perfect!

Post # 35
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My bands are 2mm…size 7… 3ctw for reference. 

Post # 36
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I agree that Jessica Biel’s ring is lovely. I love thin bands as well. My e-ring is 1.8 mm. I haven’t made my mind up about a wedding band yet but I’d like it to be no bigger than 2 mm, and I wouldn’t go thinner than 1.5, just because I don’t want it to disappear… I want it to have some bit of substance to it. My 1.8 mm ring looks incredibly dainty on my finger (size 5), I really don’t think going any thinner than that is necessary to get the dainty look.

Post # 37
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@sarahboom: Kay Jewelers, amazingly, right from the case. I know that some folks don’t like mall jewelry stores but we had no issues. On our first trip to look at rings in-person after doing research online we were helped by the store manager who was AMAZING. We liked her so much and she found what we were looking for so we ended up putting our erings on hold that same day (to return to purchase on a big sale day). We also bought our wedding rings from her. She remembered us by name. When/if you find a store that you feel comfortable in, know that many have books and books of stock settings they can order. So even though they don’t have what you want in-store, it’s possible they could order it for you. Please please please don’t do anything if you feel pandered to or like they are being pushy. There ARE people out there who pride themselves in their customer service and are not just trying to get the commission.

Post # 38
2156 posts
Buzzing bee

@plainjesse:  The shank on my e-ring is 1mm I believe. It has bent to crap. I think it’s a combination of me being hard on jewelry and just the thinness and lack of strength such a thin band has. 

Post # 39
1219 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@plainjesse:  Your Engagement Ring looks similar to mine and I have a thin wedding band. I think my e-ring is 2mm and the band is either the same or a tiny bit bigger. The difference with my band is that it is octagonal! I’ve never seen another like it.

The topic ‘1 mm wedding bands. Are they too thin and is it too simple to wear alone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors