(Closed) 1 MOH and 1 Bridesmaid, but uh-oh

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 16
4810 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
twobridesMD:   You may want to have your Maid/Matron of Honor only.  I have just one “Best Woman” and it has been the most wonderful part of the whole planning process.  She has helped and advised with everything, and somehow keeping one person up to date on details and the many last minute changes has been so much easier than dealing with a larger bridal party.  

Best of luck with your decision!  

Post # 17
799 posts
Busy bee

Just have a Maid/Matron of Honor – that’s all I’m having. 

Post # 18
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

my Maid/Matron of Honor is my friend that I’ve ‘only’ known for 3 years and my other bridemaid I have known for a lot longer than that and some other friends (not BMs) even longer than that. I agree with advice about just having Maid/Matron of Honor if you can’t decide but it’s about how much the person means to you not how long you’ve known them, I think that’s pretty irrelevant. 

Post # 19
13656 posts
Honey Beekeeper

If being “happy and supportive” is all you care about why the concern over the fact that you are not sure #1 would “make the time to spend on  “bridesmaids duties” ?”  

Post # 22
13656 posts
Honey Beekeeper

View original reply
twobridesMD:  Well, if she could not  even be bothered to call you back after you called to tell her about the engagment,  you are no doubt correct that she is  not Bridesmaid or Best Man worthy.  The word, “duties” and the reference to DIY threw me off.  I don’t usually associate the word with  general support. 

Post # 23
2689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I don’t think it matters one bit how long you’ve known someone. Do they have a good attitude? Are they supportive of you and your partner. Do not I repeat do not pick number 1 because chances are you will end up regretting it. I seem to see a trend of here of people telling other they don’t need breidesmaids. Maybe they don’t but if they want them then why stop them? WE really don’t NEED weddings either but we still have them!

If you would like the kind of bridesmaids that help with with duties dont let anyone on the Wedding Bee tell you otherwise. Everyones wedding is different and everyone’s relationships and expectations are. You have every right to want a certain type of bridesmaid but the only issue is whether people will step up to the plate and be who you want them to be

View original reply
twobridesMD:  good luck!

Post # 24
13656 posts
Honey Beekeeper

View original reply
twobridesMD:  Again, don’t feel you need a second bridesmaid at all.  But there’s also nothing wrong with asking your more recent friend if you really do  feel close to her. It doesn’t matter that your Fiance doesn’t know her that well. 

View original reply
weddingmaven:  typo “engagement.”  

The topic ‘1 MOH and 1 Bridesmaid, but uh-oh’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors