Post # 1
I’m doing some research into what help brides and couples need most about one month out from the wedding. I know for me it was managing the last minute changes in the guest list and trying to fit into my wedding dress. I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to vent!
Post # 2
- Wedding: June 2019 - City, State
I am at my one month mark and that is the same thing I am trying to manage – guest list changes and seating charts mainly. I am making my own centerpieces and have not yet done those but will soon. I think what is also important is deciding the logistics and schedule of events.
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2019 - Tacoma, WA
We are 26 days away, and here are the things we’re currently stressing about:
- Finalizing the guest list – wtf don’t people RSVP by the date you ask them to?!
- Making a list of things we need to remember on the day of (so we don’t forget to bring anything!)
- Coordinating getting things set up at the reception venue while we’re at the ceremony venue, since we can’t be two places at once and the timing is difficult
- Helping coordinate last-minute accommodations/trasportation/etc. for out-of-town guests
- Nailing down and finalizing wedding day timeline and details (entrance, exit, first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc.)
- Finishing up writing our vows
I’m sure there’s more, but those are the things that we’re currently trying to manage while also not freaking out haha.
Post # 4
We are now 12 days out, and a lot of the things we’ve been doing in the final month are similar to what somedaymrsj : said:
- Tracking down people who didn’t RSVP in time and figuring out the seating chart, getting seating cards printed, etc.
- Finalizing some day-of details like timeline, what order people are walking in the processional, etc.
- Finishing writing vows and finalizing ceremony script with our officiant
Some other things we’ve had to do in the final month are/were:
- Order bridesmaid/groomsman/parent gifts
- Pick music for first dance, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. and have our final meeting with our DJ (which will be tomorrow)
- Final meetings and/or emails with other vendors such as musicians for ceremony, officiant, photographers
- Some small projects like printing programs, printing signature cocktail menus to sit on the bar, and making some signs for photobooth, guest book, cards & gifts table, etc.
- Final alterations for my dress (all that’s left to do now is put in a bustle)
- Still have to get my afterparty dress altered
- Picking a bar for afterparty
- Beauty stuff – appointments for eyelash extensions, manicure & pedicure, waxing, etc. in the days leading up to the wedding
I’m trying not to freak out! 😬
Post # 5
I am 5 days out and we are getting married in my hometown and are leaving for the wedding on Friday.
It’s not so much a vent more of a regret. I really wish I had taken the week before and the week after off for the wedding.
I am finding it very difficult to concentrate at work and I am so tired by the time I get home that the few small things I have left to do before we leave I am not doing!
I havent even started packing and I still have to write up thank you cards for the bridal party, my parents and then there are other little things like cleaning my house, writing out care instructions to the pet sitter.
If I can give any advice i would suggest if at all possible take the week off or at least last few work days before your wedding.