(Closed) 1 month to go—how do you focus at work?

posted 6 years ago in Career
  • poll: How do you focus at work?
    Put my head down and get things done! The faster I work, the sooner I can do wedding stuff. : (2 votes)
    6 %
    I multi-task--a little work, a little wedding, a little work.... : (18 votes)
    58 %
    My work is suffering terribly. : (9 votes)
    29 %
    I'm cool headed and my work is stellar. : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    1736 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m four months away and I don’t concentrate well at work (unless I have something due on a deadline)! 🙂 I always reserve the big, obvious projects for after-hours or the weekends, but I make the phone calls, exchanges, appointments, etc. during my lunch break or when I can sneak it in through-out the day. It’s a constant juggle!

Post # 4
    1271 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Pshaw.  I wedding plan 9-5.  😉

Post # 6
    1643 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

I’ve got over 3 months and I can’t concentrate!!  I can’t wait to get home every day…  and am over the moon when it’s the weekend!!   yeeeeey!

Post # 7
    1880 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I think my boss is cutting me some slack and only giving me the really important things to do.  They kinda know my mind goes a little more each day the closer we get.  Lol.

Post # 9
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

LOL…multi-tasking like crazy!!

And im getting married in September…:)

Post # 10
    1271 posts
    Bumble bee

Speaking of which, I’m having my second hair trial in 40 minutes.  And my boss wants to have a meeting “when he gets off this call.”  He better not interfere with my wedding planning!  lol

Post # 12
    1271 posts
    Bumble bee

@mzjohnwood:  OMG, I didn’t think this through very well.  I got my hair blown out and curled all over (remember, bohemian chic?).  And I work in a professional office…all who thought I just took a long lunch.  So I currently  have my mid-back-length hair clipped up on my head in a bun trying to hide the curls!! 

By The Way, I’m re-thinking the bohemian chic look.  These curls aren’t as cute as I thought they would be.  lol

Post # 13
    1628 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m in a PhD program and should be working on my dissertation proposal, but thankfully my advisor is actually getting married the week before me and is cutting me some MAJOR slack (not only does she “get it” but she is crazy busy herself so she can’t really complain about me!)

Post # 15
    4464 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I’m a teacher. I multitask. Sort of. Well I did. I’m married now. My brain was so wedding all the time the month leading up. 

The topic ‘1 month to go—how do you focus at work?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors