1 Night in Chicago

posted 2 years ago in Travel
Post # 2
Hostess
9630 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

1 night is not enough!

What do you guys like to do? Concerts? Museums? Clubbing? Comedy? Theatre? Shopping?

Pizza is always great my faves are Lou Malnattis and Oven Grinder Pizza Co. High end dining Alinea for sure. Greek town has great restaurants. I like Athena. Another super popular one is The Girl & The Goat.

Post # 3
1537 posts
Bumble bee

Definitely go to Restaurant Row on Randolph street in the West loop. Many restaurants and bars to hop around at night. 

Post # 4
7413 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Take the Architecture River Cruise/tour. It takes about 90 minutes and picks up/drops off right on Mag Mile. You’ll get to see the skyscrapers and the art deco buildings plus you’ll learn a lot about the city and the neighborhoods, which will help you plan when you get the chance for a longer visit.

If it’s in the budget, dinner at one of the Rosebud steakhouses followed by a drink at the bar on the top of the Hancock Building would do it for me!

Post # 5
1524 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

If you’ve got a sweet tooth, Chocolate at The Pen (Peninsula hotel) is fun for late night dessert and night cap. And, if you’re into museums or Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is obviously a must see. For restaurants, it can be a bit difficult to snag a table at highly sought after places less than a month out – but my friend and I really enjoyed Avec when we went!

Post # 6
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I second the river boat cruise idea. I did one last May and it was so informative! My favorite area of Chicago is right by Millennium Park. I like to see The Bean statue, the faces statue, go to the Art Institute of Chicago, and walk to the Buckingham fountain in nearby Grant Park. (It’s about a 15 min walk from The Bean to the Fountain.) 

Like others have said though, it really depends on what you’re interested in!

Post # 7
958 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I live in Chicago. I’d pass on a boat tour, it is too cold – I’m not even sure if they are currently running them. I don’t think they start until later in the year.

Where are you staying? What times will you be here? It’s hard to make suggesitons for one night without more infomration.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors