1 or 1.5 carat oval?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
465 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

This might not help, but this is a 1.3 on a 4.75. If I could go 1.5, I would! Sometimes I feel mine is a tad too small for the proportions I wanted regarding finger coverage. 

Post # 3
422 posts
Helper bee

I don’t have much advice as I do not own an oval but I think a 1.5 would look brilliant on you!

Post # 4
143 posts
Blushing bee

I’m sure you’ve seen this already, but here is a video from MoCo of the enr139 oval, 1.0 Carat, size 5.5 ๐Ÿ˜‰

For what it’s worth, I’m a size 5.75 and I’m definitely leaning towards a 1.5/2 carat oval. Especially if I end up picking a ring without a halo like that one. After seeing a 1 carat in person, it just wasn’t enough finger coverage for me.

Plus, shrinkage and all that jazz.

Edit to add: This for comparison. 1.5 carat oval, size 5.5 enr171.

Post # 7
143 posts
Blushing bee

chelseacg :  I know! I’m currently slightly obsessed with this one! I spend far too much time on MoCo’s instagram. innocent

Post # 8
274 posts
Helper bee

I love the 1.5 size. Mine is just a tiny smidge under 1ct and I have to say that even though I love it and wouldn’t even think of upgrading it because I’m a sentimental sap, I would secretly love it if it was just a tiny bit bigger face up. (It almost pains me to admit that!) My hand size is 5 as well, and the band is 2.5mm so it’s on the thicker side. 

Post # 9
Hostess
3120 posts
Sugar bee

I think a 1ct will look great, especially on your finger size. You should check out diamdb.com – it lets you compare the two sizes next to each other in real size. I have a 1.5ct oval (not in a halo) on a 7.5 finger and 2 years later I still think it’s the perfect size. But it’s all about what you feel is right for you! Either way it’ll be a gorgeous ring.

Post # 11
465 posts
Helper bee

chelseacg :  oh good! Glad to help! My stone isn’t small by any means (well, except in Hollywood or Manhattan maybe), but I think a 1.5 would be the perfect size for me. My stone was an heirloom, so I didn’t get to choose it, but I love it no matter what!

Post # 12
274 posts
Helper bee

chelseacg :  Thank you! It’s seriously JUST under a carat. I really do love it and it’s so white and sparkly. I do find that because oval stones require either a bent wedding ring or a very high setting, it feels like a much larger stone. I wonder sometimes if a larger stone would get in the way a lot – I’m a total clutz. 

Post # 13
18 posts
Newbee

My boyfriend and I picked out a 1.25 carat oval solitaire. I liked the size better than the 1 carat in relation to my 6.25 finger. I wish I had a picture, but I’m still waiting for him to pop the question! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors