(Closed) 1 week away and I'm hitting the stage of being a bit stressed

posted 5 years ago in October 2015
Post # 2
1024 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I feel this way and I am nine months away LOL .. you’re going through a whirlwind of emotions right now – don’t beat yourself up over it. Just remember in one week you get to marry your best friend and the day is all about the two of you  It will be perfect!

Post # 3
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Right there with you, doll. We’re in the home stretch though… Just breathe.

Post # 5
155 posts
Blushing bee

Me too! I wish the wedding was tomorrow because I am just so uninterested on everything left to do on my (long!) to do list! I purposefully skipped a lot of decor/keepsake kind of stuff because I just don’t care about it and I don’t want to spend my wedding night packing it all into the car and figuring out what to do with it all…. but my future mother in law has decided that I need toasting flutes and a cake topper and serving set (even though we aren’t having a cake and aren’t cutting anything!). So now I have to pack all these “keepsakes” up and display them at the wedding. I know she means well, and I’m honestly super lucky to have her as a mother in law, but man I just don’t want to deal with it all!

Post # 7
301 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
futuremrsc10315:  hang in there lady! I’m 10-03-15 too and we are in the home stretch. This week has been ok for me but last week I was a mad woman and losing my mind. I’m interested to see how I will be this weekend and wed-friday when I am off and doing things like bringing the decor to the venue and hauling stuff over to my parents house and picking up the cake and lunch items and such for the morning of. eep! We are almost there!

Post # 8
1056 posts
Bumble bee

It is ok. A week ago here too and I have had a few meltdowns!

Post # 9
4226 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

My Maid/Matron of Honor and Fiance had to talk me through a 45 minute screamy-ugly-cry meltdown yesterday. They were more shocked than anything because I had been calm up until that point. Then one plan had to last minute change…and that seemingly small hitch was my tipping point….and a year and a half of every slight, change, snub, stress and frustration spilled out of me. 

I got lucky, and my Fiance and Maid/Matron of Honor haven’t mentioned that ugly freakout at all and seem fine. Trust me, people can get ruffled, especially in high stress situations, but they will get over it. 

Post # 10
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Drury Lane Oakbrook

View original reply
futuremrsc10315:  I’m 10-10-15 and have had a pretty easy time of wedding planning.  My stress is coming from how cluttered my house is with wedding crap right now.  We live in a small townhouse that has very little storage space, so now we are living among boxes full of guest welcome bags, big plastic containers filled with all our ceremony and reception stuff, and bridal party gifts.  This got even worse in the past couple of weeks when wedding gifts started showing up.  We’re so incredibly grateful, just have nowhere to put it all until we get a house!  

Post # 11
118 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
futuremrsc10315:  I’m 10/3 and I’m with you! It hasn’t truly been super stressful, but this week, specifically last night I was crying or telling everyone that I was stressed. It’s less about the wedding and more about my job + lack + the wedding.

My dad called last night and could tell I was stressed. This morning he sent me an article about deep breathing and not stressing out. My mum also told me that I should sleep today. They typically aren’t ones to talk about feelings and emotions so I appreciate them being understanding. 

At the end of summer I decided to put an end to the “nature” themed wedding and just have a wedding themed wedding ๐Ÿ™‚ This has really helped reduce my stress. 

TLDR: I understand where you are coming from. We are so close and it’s going to be amazing!! <3

Post # 12
260 posts
Helper bee

I have 16 days. Definitely stressing. Over things I have no control over! I’m just ready for it to be here. 

The topic ‘1 week away and I'm hitting the stage of being a bit stressed’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors