(Closed) 1 week of groceries

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 3
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Probably about $135/week for my husband and I, which is definitely more than I’d like to spend. We do shop at a more expensive grocery store, and we don’t skimp when it comes to things we like, which does add up. And we have a dog so we pick up food/snacks for him, too.

I would like it if I could get it around $80/week but my husband refuses to make any changes to our shopping habits. Booo.

Post # 4
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

For my Fiance and I it depends on what we need each week, but we can range anywhere from $40-$100 a week. I would budget on the higher side, but if you happen to spend less then yay!

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

We budget monthly for food since we buy some of our things from one of the warehouses, but we spend close to $500 a month between bulk purchases and weekly grocery store shopping…..seems like a bit much for two people when you do the breakdown especially when we do not even cook an actual meal every night, maybe my husband just eats a lot. 

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

bump.

Curious on others answers!

Post # 7
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I spend between $40-70 a week for the two of us just depending on whether I need to pick up things for the house and/or the dog.  I recently became obsessed with coupons and learning sale cycles and such.  In my area, things go on sale about every 6 weeks, so when they are on sale, I stock up, and I plan my weekly cooking menu based on what’s on sale. It’s really help me cut back my grocery budget, which I definitely needed to do because we’re both in law school.

Post # 7
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ours varies a lot.  We can spend as little as $60 or up to $150.  Every month or so, we do “big shopping” and hit up the area wholesale club to grab a pork loin that we cut up ourselves into chops for the month.  We also go to a local butcher to get boneless skinless chicken breasts as they sell them super cheap (less than $2 per pound).  So that alone runs us up to $60.

Fiance takes lunch everyday so we cook for leftovers a lot.  I would think if we tried harder we could stick to around $100 or so a week.

Post # 8
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Maybe $100 or so?  It changes every week.

Post # 9
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We try to keep our grocery bill under $100 every week, and usually manage. We do eat out at least 2x on the weekend though. Otherwise all of our meals are either at home or brown bag from home!

Post # 10
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We spend right around 80, sometimes 60. We always use coupons and stick to the shopping list. If it’s not on the list, we can’t get it. We also freeze a lot of stuff and cook to have lunch the next day. 

Post # 11
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Ladder 15 Restaurant

Ahh!!  We’re so bad about this!!  We can usually spend at least $100 on a weekly basis to get the basics, but every few weeks we have a “big trip” to stock up on the things that we run out of.  Sometimes those can get up to $250!

Post # 12
3943 posts
Honey bee

Too much!! Its been around $120 lately for just the 2 of us. We buy a TON of fresh produce every week, which really adds up. I plan our meals according to the sale flyers, and I use coupons when I can but for some reason I just can’t seem to lower the weekly bill.

Post # 13
5371 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

We usually spend around $50 a week for the two of us. It goes up a bit if we have to buy kibble for our kitty haha. It’s usually pretty low. Fiance works at a grocery store during the summer packaging meat and so he gets some really good deals. We stock up then and use it as we need it during the year. Plus I work Saturdays at a hardware store which also sells some grocery items and my discount is amazing. I get everything at the store cost plus 10% to cover the labour of unloading the shipments. That really helps us save money. Usually the money we save goes to next year’s tuition or books so it’s important we save as much as possible (:

Post # 14
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We spend about $140 every time we go to the grocery, but that usually gets us through ten days to two weeks.  If we want groceries for just one week, I’d say it costs about $100.

Post # 15
946 posts
Busy bee

We’re about $150 a week.

The topic ‘1 week of groceries’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors