(Closed) 1 week of groceries

posted 10 years ago in Home
Post # 16
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Usually $200 a week for the 2 of us and kitty, but we also entertain a lot.

Post # 17
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Anywhere from 50-100…it goes up significantly the longer we go between shopping trips, obviously.

Post # 17
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would say that we are also around $100 a week if you average everything out.  I try and Costco shop as much as possible and also watch the flyers but there are some things that we just have to have and will pay more for those.

Post # 18
10846 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Probably about $100 but it depends on if we’re having anyone over, etc. I also stock up when I find certain items on sale. For instance, chicken breasts go on sale 50% off every month or so for half price at our grocery store, so I’ll stock up, repackage them, and put them in the freezer. It adds up on that initial grocery bill, but we save a ton of money doing it this way 🙂

Post # 19
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

$50-70 a week for the two of us… but if things we eat a lot are on sale, I buy the heck out of them. Like here, chicken breasts drop half price every 6 weeks or so so I get like 6 packs of 3 breasts each and freeze them – those trips get a little more expensive 🙂

Post # 20
5282 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I go to the grocery store once a week, as I plan our menu out weekly. For 2 people I spend anywhere between $100-$140 per week. It varies b/c one week I will buy say a pack of chicken, but can use it going into the next week. But typically I never spend less then $100 weekly, if I do its like $90ish.

Post # 21
2828 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

we are really bad with groceries (plus, it is 2-3x more expensive to buy food here than elsewhere, which sucks) and probably spend between $500 & $700 a month if we’re being extravagant (which we often are). However we’re fedding 3 adults and 1 child.

So…….. I can guesstimate that without the munchkin & extra adult around we would probably be spending $3-400/month.

Post # 22
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

There are 3 of us and I usually spend about $100-150 depending on if I’m hungry when I go! lol

Post # 23
2025 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We spend quite a bit, but we typically only eat organic meats and lots of fresh produce. This add up fast! We also don’t eat much of the foods in the center aisles of the store (ie; cheap and processed), and we don’t keep snacks in the house.We are usually around $150/week, which does not include my husband’s lunches or eating out once or twice on the weekends.

Post # 24
4136 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

ideally we would spend $100-130, but we limit ourselves to $50. it takes a lot of planning and can be difficult, but we make do!

Post # 25
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We vary as well, usually it’s between $60-120.  I think on the bigger weeks, we stock up on staples and occasionally a splurge (like fish or steak for dinner one night).  On the smaller weeks, we’re mostly replenishing snacks and vegetables.  Also depends how busy we are with work – are we packing sandwiches every day and staying late, or are we getting out early and having time to fancy dinners and constant snacking.

Post # 26
5920 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

We grocery shop every two weeks, and spend around $100-$150 (mostly depending on other products, like shampoo, dog food, etc.)

So I will say about $50-$75 per week.

Post # 27
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

$60-80 with coupns.  We’re into budget shpping now so it has cut costs quite a lot!

Post # 28
362 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We spend anywhere from $100 – $180 a week for the two of us, but we also like to entertain and I have a fully stocked pantry that never gets empty.. I think have issues with stock piling food, lol. Because we eat at home so much I make sure we have gourmet foods on hand to indulge once in a while too. 🙂

Post # 29
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We do our main grocery shopping every two weeks and that is about $100-120. Then on the alternate week we do a short trip for bread and milk and whatever else we have run out of and that trip is usually about $25.00 So I guess on average we spend about $70 a week or so. We do have a membership to sams club and use that frequently for the essentials like chicken breasts and hamburger patties. We have cut our eating out WAY down since we got engaged, to save money for the wedding. I just went shopping this morning for a special Valentines dinner-2 strip steaks, a lb of shrimp, salad and potatoes for $20.00, that same dinner eating out would be $50-70.00 easilly, so I feel good about that. I find that planning ahead helps. Figuring out meals ahead of time, and making out a list and sticking to it, is the key. We shop on Saturday morning normally. But the ads come out on Wednesday, so that gives me time to look at the ads, plan what we are going to have and get the best deals. clipping coupons helps too, as long as you are only buying things you would normally buy.

The topic ‘1 week of groceries’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors