(Closed) 1 week of groceries

posted 10 years ago in Home
Post # 45
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

🙁 last week i spent $80 on just snacks things we needed and a swiffer i feel bad now lol

Post # 46
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I keep a spreadsheet (like a general ledger) of our accounting.  I just checked it, and for the past 6 months we’ve spend on average $618 a month on food (groceries & eating out a cheap places like Chipotle, sometimes alcohol is included but we usually buy our own unless it’s wine which we don’t drink that often anymore).  That works out to about $20 a day for 2 people, so approximately $3.5 a meal for each of us per day.  I think that’s pretty cheap?

Post # 47
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We usually spend about $50 a week. This would probably be higher, but Fiance refuses to bring lunch to work with him, so it’s only a week’s worth of dinner, bag lunches for me, and various cleaning supplies/toiletries. We also eat out like 2x a week.

Post # 48
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

About $100 per week, which really isn’t so bad considering all the organic stuff, produce, and specialty items we buy.

Post # 49
786 posts
Busy bee

Fiance and I spend about $60 – $70 a week on food. And that is breakfast, lunch, and dinner – we only eat out once a week! We are newbies at couponing and it is helping quite a bit…

Post # 50
1987 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Fiance and I spend about $175…….A MONTH!!! (about $43.75/week, but sometimes less)

I pretty much do all of the grocery shopping and am a HUGE couponer (not extreme couponer status though). I rarely go over my budget. I’ve always been a pretty frugal girl and this is no exception.

Post # 51
786 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@YSQueen: $43 a week?! I want to learn your ways!!

Post # 52
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Our groceries, with eating out Sunday lunch and having a group dinner Sunday evenings usually leaves us with a weekly bill of 50-80 depending on what meals we choose for the week. It’s just the two of us and I’ve been cutting snack foods out of our diet so that cuts down on the bill- that and buying generic.

Post # 53
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Usually about $100-$150

Post # 54
198 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@YSQueen: Love it!  I actually just posted here asking if any bees clip coupons… I am amazed.  Teach me your ways!

Post # 55
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I try to keep it around 80 but we also eat out 2-3 times a week. 

Post # 56
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

we spend about $75 per week on groceries and we eat mostly at home for dinner and lunches during the work week.

i used mint.com to calculate all of this over a 8 month period, so i really recommend you guys doing that as well. you can track what you’re spending easily and add cash payments as you go.

Post # 57
9050 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

We spend about $150 a week which I track on mint.com too.  However, that includes everything purchased at the grocery store, so there may be the odd make up item or gift card for someone else thrown in there.

Groceries are more expensive in Canada, and our coupons aren’t nearly as good as yours.  We were down in Seattle a couple weeks ago, and screw the Space needle, we were gawking at the prices on dairy and cereal!

Post # 58
1289 posts
Bumble bee

FH keeps trying to get it “under 40$”. Uhhh, no. To me, this isn’t possible. I get the stink eye if I go over 60-70… which I think is a very reasonable amount to spend on groceries for one week.

Post # 59
2007 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I aim for $250 a month ($62.5 a week) but have a hard time sticking to it.  Over the last 6 months we’ve averaged $274 a month or $68.50 a week.  That includes most going out expenses but not all.  (Another mint.com user here.  Smile)  

I think I’ve gotten it as low as $100 a month but that’s when the budget was very tight and was not fun.

The topic ‘1 week of groceries’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors