(Closed) 1 week to go and I found my dream dress…

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@pomegranate17:  I adore the dress you bought and it is going to look amazing on you!  I bet you will forget all about the 2nd dress once you’re in the first with your makeup and hair done, etc.

Post # 4
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

They look pretty much the same to me, except the second one looks like it has a belt.  Why don’t you just add one if it will make you feel better?  Nonetheless…you are going to look fabulous…I LOOOVVEEE the back!

Post # 5
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

They look almost identical to me too…other than the belt and the second has a little more lace on the shoulder, almost like a cap sleeve. I agree with PP and say add a belt!

Post # 6
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

It’s funny because I was also a Casablanca 2004 bride and I um.. cried for months after I first got my dress back. I liked the dress….but there was something about I just didn’t love. What I did to mine was I ordered with a full a-line skirt and lined sleeves, and lined the sheer lace parts (for religious reasons I needed sleeves and to be covered up) and I actually cut the train off because i’d never wanted one. So basically it was Casablanca 2004-ish by the time I actually wore the custom dress. I have to say, I did wear the dress on my wedding day, and my favorite part was the veil I chose. While I think another dress would’ve worked as well, this one really came together with the hair, makeup, jewelry, veil.. it’s a whole different ball game once you have everything together. I’ll post a few pictures of me in the “mashed up” Casablanca 2004…you might recognize it and you might not. 

P.S. I was also thinking heavily of adding a belt and then did not because I didn’t want anything to cut me in half since I’m on the shorter side. However, the reason I don’t like a belt with the original dress is that the back is sheet, and the sheer point comes down to mid-back exactly where the belt hits your waist and I think it looks horrendous to have a belt cutting off that point. It mars the beauty of the sheer lace flowing into the covered parts, and I just don’t think it looks good from the back. (See the Watters dress has a belt with it and the belt sits blow the sheer lace, which it wouldn’t in the Casablanca).

Post # 7
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

girl, your casablanca dress is gorgeous! i have loved that back ever since i laid eyes on it.

i do see that the slight difference in these two dresses is the cap sleeve. maybe you wanted one. i’m sorry if this is the case, but the watters dress will also have cost you thousands more. and i actually think the casablanca has a much more fabulous train (the watters is a sweep train which is a little short). you will make a much more dramatic entrance with your dress!

and if the belt were the issue, add a belt, like others said!

Post # 9
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@pomegranate17:  Haha yes I keep my Casablanca well under wraps, lol. But seriously, you made a GREAT choice!

The topic ‘1 week to go and I found my dream dress…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors