(Closed) 1 year anniversary!

posted 7 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Did you eat leftover wedding cake on your anniversary?
    Heck yeah and it was gross : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Yeah and it was not too bad : (3 votes)
    7 %
    no way! : (37 votes)
    88 %
  • Post # 4
    1940 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

We don’t have a baby, thus no christening…. but, we are planning on trying a bite of our cake on our anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
    Hostess
    18644 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

We didn’t eat our cake because we were moving away and it wasn’t worth it to transport it.  My husband doesn’t like cake much anyway.

Post # 6
    2476 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

We have ours in our freezer and plan to defrost it this weekend!  I’ll let you know how it tastes.  Tongue out

Post # 8
    4824 posts
    Honey bee

I think my mom might have, but she is across the country.  We will eat it probably before our first so is not gross. Nex time we are there.

Post # 9
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

We ended up not keeping ours.. BUT since all we had was a small 1 tier we’re just going to get an exact replica.. it was a whopping 20 bucks so I think we should be able to swing that. lol =)

Post # 10
    4038 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We didn’t save ours. I’m planning on making cupcakes in one of the flavors we had at the wedding. I’ve always heard that it takes like crap, though, because most people don’t properly prepare it for freezing (and since we didn’t save it, I didn’t read up on what to do to properly store it to avoid tasting like freezer-burned crap). I can’t imagine serving that to guests at a christening, though. That just seems mean, lol.

ETA: Happy Anniversary!

Post # 11
    403 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

We had such a small wedding and wedding cake that the whole thing was consumed at the reception.  I’m thinking I might go in to the bakery that made the cake and have a small replica made of the cake topper for our anniversary on Sunday :o)

Post # 12
    333 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I was under the impression that you could only keep the cake (at least here in the UK) if you had a traditional fruit cake, as the fruit cake keeps its flavour and moisture for much longer than ordinary cake. I cant imagine that a sponge cake would be very nice at all after a year, as it goes stale.. 

I could very well be wrong though, i’d love to hear if it was tasty!

Post # 13
    3526 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We actually had no intention of saving our cake for our one year anniversary but my caterers were sweet enough to set it aside. I was so excited to have it for breakfast the next morning….until I realize I left it in the trunk overnight. In summer.

No leftover cake for me!

Post # 14
    2889 posts
    Sugar bee

Just like Gerber, our caterers put it aside for us and we had if for breakfast the next day. It made it into our hotel fridge but not in one piece. Someone clearly picked up the box without realizing it was cake and by the time I tracked it down it looked terrible but tasted delicious. I wish we lived near the baker so we could have a recreated cake on our anniversary. I will try to get a local baker to make a similar cake and hope it’s as good.

Post # 15
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

We ate ours. Well we had a bite, and it was so gross we didn’t go any further. But I’m glad we did it, it was good memories!

Is there any place you can get the same kind of cake to eat?

Post # 16
    5110 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2011

I get its tradition and all but were not. Our cake people do a top layer again for free if you call a few days before your anniversary. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘1 year anniversary!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors