(Closed) 1 year anniversary

posted 7 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

@MrsJVP: the traditional first anniversary gift is paper and the modern version is clocks.

For my husband I gave him a framed print that says “True Love will Find you in The End” which was the title of our first dance song sung by Wilco. In the back of the picture there were 2 tickets to go see Wilco at the end of September. They are his favorite band.

My husband built me an entertainment center and rearranged our living room, finished painting my office and organized all my records.

On our actual anniversary we had plans to go wine tasting but it was raining all day so we just went shopping at the outlet mall and then out to dinner at Seasons 52. We will be taking a cruise in December as well. You don’t have to go above and beyond to have a wonderful anniversary πŸ™‚

Post # 6
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@MrsJVP: Aw, that is so sweet! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Also Id like to add my hubby & I are not doing a big trip or cruise or anything like that. It doesn’t have to be big to be specail. πŸ™‚ 

We are going to the next state over for a weekend to see the big Christmas light show they have. Our anniversary is in December & we both have wanted to go so its perfect! πŸ™‚

As for gifts you can do the paper tradition – Tickets to a play or concert, a book, a letter, ect ect ect! Get away for the weekend on a mini trip, go to a bed & breakfast or something sweet. πŸ™‚

Post # 8
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We ended up putting a lot of little things together to make a “big” celebration – It’s in October, on a Sunday, so we took off Monday and Tuesday. Saturday night we’ll be spending the night in a little resort room, and then Sunday we do a 2-night teensy cruise we found on Groupon (a huge savings place if you’re into them – we got the whole thing for $300). I’m getting him a print of our wedding venue from indigonight.com and I think he’s getting me some type of small jewelry – the point is, none of it was a big deal separated but by putting stuff together it seems really special πŸ™‚ Maybe make a day out of your anniversary – picnic, daytime activity you love, nice dinner (homemade or going out), small presents exchange? Not too expensive but would be special.

Post # 9
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m making my hubby one of these: http://www.lovebookonline.com, they are so cute and are made of paper so it’s fitting with the traditional gift!

The topic ‘1 year anniversary’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors