(Closed) 1 year anniversary photos?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I just got married, but I plan on only doing them for “milestone” anniversaries like 10, 20 years.  I think it’s definitely much to do them every year.

Post # 3
1209 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
foreverlovex:  I’m hoping to convince my DH that we should get photos professionally taken every year. It would be so cool to put them all in an album and look how we have changed over the years.

Plus I think our parents would love to update their photo walls, as after school-age, you just don’t get too many professional photos of your kids.

Post # 4
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

i took these photos for my best friend + her husband for their one year anniversary 🙂 she put her wedding dress back on and he just put on a shirt and his wedding tie. we did them in the backyard of their first home..it was so special and so fun! 

Post # 5
4038 posts
Honey bee

No. I don’t think we got our wedding album, until 6 months after the wedding. Once our 1st child was born, our photo priorities shifted anyway.

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Once a year is too frequent, maybe we will set our plans as 5 year once time, I think it has more sentimental value.

Post # 7
6361 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
foreverlovex:  I cannot find the article to save my life, but one couple did take a yearly photo, and in each new photo, there was a frame of the previous year’s photo.

EDIT: it was a photo not an article.

Post # 8
1551 posts
Bumble bee

If it makes you happy, do it. I personally wouldn’t, as there will be plenty of pictures throughout each year anyway. To each their own.

Post # 9
2443 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I like the idea of 1, 5, 10. I think the 1st wedding anniversary is a big deal!

Post # 10
3576 posts
Sugar bee

I love the picture of the couple who takes the pictures every year. Such a wonderful way to watch them grow as a couple.

Post # 11
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I guess it depends on what you plan to do with them. I have a friend on Facebook who does them every year and posts all 50-100 of them EVERY YEAR. That is definitely too much. If you want them just for you or to do a cute photo-in-a-photo like that couple above, go for it! But please keep 99% of them to yourself 🙂

Post # 12
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I just booked my 1st year anniversary shoot!! 🙂 I don’t think it’s too much – once you have kids, parents tend do take photos every year – why wait until then?!

We aren’t the couple who is always snapping photos all year round – so this is an excuse for us to get all dolled up and document this milestone!!

The photographers I contacted count this as a “family portrait” session, so we will end up with about 20-30 photos and it only takes 1.5-2 hours. AND it’s only a cople hundred bucks…not the thousands we all spent on the wedding photos!!

I say go for it, we have already planned next year we are planning to purchase a house so have we will want to document that and the year after I’ll prolly be preggers so it will be maternaty and then family photos….

Post # 13
215 posts
Helper bee

We married in August and knew straight away that each year for our anniversary we wanted to shove our wedding clothes back on, go somewhere where no one knows us, and get a few pics done. And then have dinner. Why not? Reminding eachother how lovely we can look and how we are aging and growing together will be amazing. And to look back in 50 years time!

Post # 14
2115 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
foreverlovex:  we havent been doing the 1 year thing. but we always take a christmas photo together and i want to stream those together for a 1st chrsitmas, 2nd, and so on to see how we’ve changed. rather than do a christmas photo and an anniversary photo right afterwards. that felt like too much for me. 

Post # 15
Hostess
3366 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
foreverlovex:  We did them “kind of” for our first anniversary. Our daughter was born 2 weeks after, so it was more or less family photos. We’ll probably do an intimate vow renewal with our daughter (and baby #2) at 5 years and I’ll wear my dress again, but then we’ll have the entire family together.

The topic ‘1 year anniversary photos?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors