(Closed) 1 year anniversary trip – Anyone have Hawaii suggestions?

posted 8 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We’ve been to Hawaii several times and did stay at Waikoloa- the Hiltons in Hawaii are very nice.  I see that you will either be on Oahu or the “big” island- each is nice, but Maui is my favorite.  However, on the big island you have the active volcano to tour, lava tubes, Parker Ranch… which is kind of neat, plus a unique kind of lunar earthscape due to the relative newness of the island.  The big island was not (to me) as scenic as Oahu- where we enjoyed Diamondhead, the Polynesian Cultural Center, the Dole Pineapple Tour… beaches and rugged coastal drive in a convertible.  If you surf, it’s Nirvana too.  You really can’t go wrong in Hawaii… it’s all very beautiful, but the islands DO all have a different vibe.  We stayed in B&B’s on Haleakala and on the cliffs in Maui… close to the road to Hana and found our own private lagoon once…. um, yes-  can’t go wrong.  Enjoy-

Post # 5
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve been to most of the big vacation islands over the pat couple years (Big Island, Kauai, Oahu, and Maui) and I think Maui was my favourite.. its really beautiful and there is a lot to do!  The Big Island is nice, but I would only stay there a couple days (and avoid it in October!  Ironman is there and all of the Kona area is nuts)

Kauai is beautiful and more of an “outdoorsy” island — lots of hikes, hidden beaches.

Oahu is nice, with the city and there is a lot to do there with the beaches, but you can also drive up to the north end of the island and do the things FMILady was talking about.

Wherever you go, be sure to buy one of these guidebooks.  They have so much information and little neat places to go that you would never know of otherwise (there is actually quite a bit of non-love for them with people who live on the islands because of how much they give away!)

hope that helps!  let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Post # 6
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Grand Wailea in Maui is a Hilton property, I think…  don’t know if you’re a Hilton Honors member- we are, and I know it matters.  In fact, we’ll have so many points after our son’s wedding for housing OOt guests, we may end up somewhere next Fall for free.  Our trips blend together in my mind somewhat at this point, but I know that we’ve done combos of hotels/B&B’s on many of the island hops because we extended a business trip.  My husband was converted to B&B’s on Maui because we got to stay in an incredible cliffside mansion for about $100 with free run of the house.

Post # 7
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My coworker went to the Hilton in Oahu and the Grand Wailea one in Maui and just got back.  She said that she loved the one in Maui more, but both were nice.  They were even filming an Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston movie at Grand Wailea while they were there!  🙂

The topic ‘1 year anniversary trip – Anyone have Hawaii suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors