1 year mark

posted 1 year ago in Beehive
Post # 2
9733 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

Venue and photographer are the two things we booked at a year out.

Post # 3
5720 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2018

It depends on what the market is like in your area. Do vendors get booked up fast? We basically booked everything in the first two months of being engaged, but I’m not the sort of person to get overwhelmed. 

Post # 4
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019 - City, State

My wedding is August next year, so I am about 10 months away and honestly, time is speeding up faster and faster. I sweat it was just September last week…

As of now, these are the vendors I have booked, in order of when i booked them:

• Venue/Caterer – frst and foremost, I booked this in June 2018.
  • Hairstylist – she was the first vendor I booked once I had a date as I wanted a very specific person, around July 2018
  • Photographer – those book up fast as well again, July 2018
  • Day-of Coordinator – found a great deal and wanted a specific person – July 2018
  • Save the dates – I created and ordered these to give out at our engagement party – July 2018
  • Officiant – this is another big one, they do not book up as fast, but it takes longer to find oen you really like and to meet with them – booked August 2018
  • Backdrop decor – booked August 2018 – found a great deal so I booked it. *Note: I am doing most of the decor and flowers myself so I am not booking for those.
  • Wedding dress – start shopping in August – placed the order earl October 2018 (will arrive April 2019).

I am also currently scheduling meetings with a videographer and rental company to book those. I have a contact for cake, but intend to confirm a booking in the new year.

I will also be doing my flowers myself as I mentioned, by ordering them from Costco – will I will be doing approximately 2 months before the wedding. They will arrive the Tuesday before my weddign and I will spend the week arranging them. If you decide to go this route, try to pick ahrdy flowers that last – I am using babies breath.

I also have been purchasing a lot of decor from other brides throughout the months, so I have been collecting those items such as signs, mirrors, birdcages, table linens, etc.

If you need any other advice or tips, just let me know! Happy to help! 🙂

Post # 5
2799 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Once you have set a budget and a guest list, you need to find a venue, photographer, officiant, day of coordinator etc.  ASAP! A friend who just got engaged just booked her venue about a week later for mid November (not a popular month for weddings due to the weather where we live) because it was literally the last Saturday available in 2019. Happy planning! 🙂 

Post # 6
812 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn

Dress, photographer and venue for sure. Our engagement is only 9 months and those were the first three things I locked down. Then I started looking at bakers for the cake, florist, dj. 

Post # 7
1905 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Venue first ASAP. Engagement photos as soon as you’re able if you’re doing them. Then pick your theme/colors.  Then it depends what you are pickiest about. I’d say to aim to have dj, cake, caterer, photographer and dress ordered 9 months out. Save-The-Date Cards by 7-8 months unless it’s a heavy travel wedding. Then they should be out at around 9 months out. 

Invites, devote, bridesmaid dresses and flowers, Mua and hairdressers  I’d work on around 4-6 months out. 

Invitations go out 6-8 weeks out.

Last 2 months focus on alterations, guests lists finalization and odds and ends. 

Week of do your beauty treatments… nails, hair trims, spray tans etc. 

Post # 8
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

hmarine :  I am getting married on December 1st. I can tell you its great because we changed a bunch of stuff and still got everything we wanted because the weekend is not a popular one for weddings! The photographer was really important to me so I booked her first (So glad I did because someone else was inquiring about the weekend). Then we moved onto venues and caterers. I started working on things that I knew would be time consuming (Like making bouquets and tutus and decorations) and seriously just followed a calendar off of Pinterest. 

Post # 9
2800 posts
Sugar bee

Venue, Caterer and Photographer I would do ASAP. It depends where you’re from, but they tend to book up about 8months to a year out. Then I’d work on getting the other vendors and your dress by about 6 months out. Most other things can be dealt with slowly as you go.

1 year is plenty of time, don’t stress! I planned mine in 8 months no problem (though we didn’t have to worry about caterer or venue)

Post # 10
1045 posts
Bumble bee

Book that venue ASAP! We got married around this time of year and venues book fast for Christmas parties. 

Post # 11
4973 posts
Honey bee

hmarine :  Venue and photographer. 

Dress is the next thing that takes forever. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors