(Closed) 1 Year Old Nephew- Ring Bearer? Creative Ideas needed! Help!

posted 6 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

If he isn’t walking by then he will be able to push one of those walker toys down the aisle. If you set it down and let him stand behind it then put someone he will walk towards in the front it should work out. They make smaller simple ones that wouldn’t be tacky at all and at least he would still be walking.

Post # 4
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

Our ring bearer was 14 months, and ran down the aisle. But he started walking at 9 months (over achiever!!). I think a cute decorated wagon would be fine if he isn’t walking well by wedding time though!

Post # 5
193 posts
Blushing bee

I love the wagon idea, super cute

Post # 6
830 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think the wagon would be adorable! Or if he is walking really well, maybe the Jr Bridesmaid or Best Man could hold his hand and lead him down? He could hold one of those “Here Comes the Bride signs”. So cute!

Post # 7
46408 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

He is far too young to be predictable even if he is walking at that time. I would plan on him riding in something.

Maybe a riding bear-er?

Target has this- you could add wheels

Trademark Global brown Rocking Barry Bear with Sounds

or a vintage bear

Post # 8
2107 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We were just reminiscing about this topic tonight!  At my brother’s wedding, my niece wasn’t walking yet, so I carried her down the aisle.  I really love the wagon idea too, though!  I’ve always thought that it looks adorable!

Post # 9
352 posts
Helper bee

My FH’s nephew will be 14 months at the time of our wedding and we are going to have him in the wedding as a ring bearer. In the even that he is not walking we will have one of the junior bridesmaids carry him. Personally…. I am not a fan of wagons or having him in something or pushing something. I don’t mind seeing it for other wedding… just not for my own IMO.

Post # 10
352 posts
Helper bee

@julies1949: Although the pic of a ring boy in the red car is pretty darn cute

The topic ‘1 Year Old Nephew- Ring Bearer? Creative Ideas needed! Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors