posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 30 // 32. 

How long have you been together: Since 2002 – so 13 years this year! We got married in 2011. πŸ™‚

How long have you been TTC: Trying for #2 since Georgia was a wee babe in 2013, back at IVF since March 2014.. and still here.

Issues: I have PCOS and anovulation, plus low progesterone. Hubby has morph/motility issues.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) IVF is it for us. We’re about to start a fresh round and really hoping for a positive cycle!

Anything about yourself you want to share: I am totally fine with jabbing myself for cycles and going through yucky procedures… but I am absolutely terrified of going to the dentist.

What do you and your partner do to help distract yourselves from the realities of TTC? (interests, hobbies e.t.c) Hubby is amazing at balancing out my crazy – he’s the positive to my negative, and I love him for it. Lots of marathon teevee sessions and just hanging out, which is why it’s important to marry your best friend! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
Novella:  You guys sound SO much like us. I love it! 

Post # 6
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Together: 7 years, married for 2

TTC: almost a year and a half now

Issues: mild PCOS and hypothyroid for me; severe MFI for him. 

2015 plans: starting the first IVF cycle now! We went straight from trying naturally to his diagnosis to IVF. For no apparent reason, his body does not make the normal amount of sperm. The ones that are there have great motility, there’s just not a lot of them. So given how young we are and otherwise healthy, we are teetering that hopeful/realistic line of this being a success.

I am finishing BC pills on Monday, then going for a baseline U/S, and hopefully starting the stabbings!

Distraction: we talk a lot about our potential future children, bc we KNOW we will be parents (if not this way, then through adoption). We have started house hunting, and DH keeps talking about needing a yard big enough for a swing set. 

Post # 7
2455 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
Novella:  thank you for starting a new thread! DH and I also spend our time together watching TV shows/movies and going out to eat during the weekends πŸ™‚

Post # 8
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 32 / 31

How long have you been together: 7 years and married for 4.

How long have you been TTC: Since August 2013

Issues: Diminished ovarian reserve and recurrent pregnancy loss, 7 losses: 6 chemical pregnancies and 1 miscarriage (genetically normal embryo tested after D&C). DH has great numbers.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): Medicated cycles (femara, trigger shot, progesterone & low dose aspirin after ovulation). My RE agreed to prescribed me lovenox and prednisone after I get a BFP, but I still haven’t decided if I’ll take them. These are used as part of RI treatments that my RE doesn’t believe in and she doesn’t think they’ll help me, but she still agreed to give me a prescription. I take a bunch of vitamins/supplements and acupuncture once a week.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I’m going to finish my MBA classes in about 2 weeks, yay! I’m so happy to be done with school and finally have free time. My plan is to start working out and losing all the weight I’ve gained in the last 2 years, if I don’t get pregnant at least I’ll look good!

What do you and your partner do to help distract yourselves from the realities of TTC? (interests, hobbies e.t.c): We like to binge watch on shows on Netflix and also documentaries. The weekends we like to discover new restaurants and during the summer that the weather is finally nice, we take our dog to the off leash park, she loves it!

Post # 9
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Turtle83:  I really hope you consider taking the prednisone and lovenox, I have a strong feeling there is some other reason you haven’t had success. You obviously are able to fertilize and it isn’t an embryo issue. It must be something else and maybe that something is immune related. I’m sure you’re filled with decisions to make but I hope whatever you choose comes with peace of mind

Post # 10
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Me-33, DH-39

How long have you been together: Almost 8 years, almost 2 married.

How long have you been TTC: Complicated answer to a simple question lol- 17 cycles actively TTC, about 9+ months medical pause (so far) between the two of us, so over two years TTC.

Issues: Me– Severe Endometriosis removed via 3 laps and 7 months medically induced menopause.

DH:– Virtual azoospermia/cryptozoospermia. Two SA’s, one showed zero sperm, the second showed literally 3, non-motile sperm.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Figure out a cause for our MFI and see if/what we can do about it. It’s all kind of up in the air right now. I’ll be happy(ish) if we can TTC at all during the remainder of the year. I’m back on BC until we get DH’s severe MFI sorted to reduce the growth of my crazy agressive Endo (hopefully) while waiting. DH is on meds to up his low testosterone (Anastrozole) and we’re waiting on genetic tests to see if we can figure out a reason for his lack of sperm. DH is getting more bloodwork this week to see if the meds are working, he has an appointment in a few weeks to go over the bloodwork and results of the genetic tests. He’ll have another SA in 2 months and we’ll see where we are at that point. We’ve got a minimum of 2 months before we could even consider TTC again, if everything was miraculously fixed on this first try of meds, which we all know is super unlikely. We’ve got a long road ahead, but hopefully it’ll get us the little one we want so badly.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I haven’t been commenting a lot because I’m just exhausted with this whole thing. I’m following along regularly and rooting for you all though.

What do you and your partner do to help distract yourselves from the realities of TTC? (interests, hobbies e.t.c) DH is finishing his M.S. in Computer Science and starting his PhD program in the fall. I’ll be on my second year of teaching, so work keeps us both very busy/distracted.

Post # 11
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: We are both 30.

How long have you been TTC: One year. Actively TTC since June 2014. We did not use BC the year before that, only NFP.

Issues: DH’s results have varied but are generally fine. I had a ruptured appendix with a pretty severe infection as a child, sono-HSG showed one tube blocked (the other was fine) but then lap surgery showed even the “bad” one is not blocked completely. I just got back genetic testing results and I have mutations of the MTHFR gene but from what I’ve googled so far it doesn’t sound too bad as they are heterozygous (one copy). I will know more when I see my doctor this week.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: We have 3 failed IUIs under our belt, moving on now to IVF. I just finished 3 weeks of BC and I am also on gonopeptyl shots. I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday and I anticipate we will start stimming then. We are also waiting for results of karyotype testing which my clinic does routinely before IVF.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I am in Central Europe so the IVF process will likely be a little different for me than it is for you ladies but still, I am looking forward to learning from those more experienced and/or knowledgeable!

Where I am at emotionally: I’ll easily admit that I have not handled this process graciously. I’ve cried buckets of tears. I cut most friends out of our lives because I was afraid of PG announcements and painful questions. I insisted we do not tell our families (DH has now told his parents but mine are still in the dark). Throughout the last year, I’ve dug myself into a deep dark hole and DH is a saint for putting up with me. Moving on to IVF makes me feel hopeful for the first time in a very long time but if this goes wrong I know I’ll be more devastated than ever. As a long time lurker of this board I realize that most of you ladies have been through so much worse than I have, I admire your strength and hope a little bit rubs off on me πŸ™‚

Post # 12
4455 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 29/32

How long have you been together: 10 years, married 2.5

How long have you been TTC: We just hit the year mark

Issues: We still don’t know! We are awaiting an appointment at our clinic where we’ll get our last test results (hubs’ DFI), in 10 days. Our doctor was said he suspects I may have endo, so we’re either looking at a bad DFI and potentially right to IVF, or a lap for me…Every other test we have done so far has provided no insight as to why we haven’t got pregnant.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We’re pretty much not TTC until we get the results of this test…I mean we’re still having unprotected sex, but I don’t even know what CD I’m on, nor am I bothering to tempt or chart or use OPKS.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I flip flop on this alot…I go from being totally ok with not being pregnant right now, to being devastated we aren’t. Maybe it’s a self-preservation thing, I don’t know..or maybe it’s the fact that we’re the only people in our friendgroup who are at the stage of TTC’ing/or who want kids. In the year we haven’t gotten preganant we’ve gone on three really fun trips, gone to a bunch of concerts and events, done renos on our house we couldn’t otherwise afford…basically, we have been enjoying life…sometimes I wonder if the fact that I’m not SO devstated all the time means I’m not even ready to be a mom anyway? It makes me scared this is nature’s way of telling me it’s just not right for us right now…I feel sometimes like I’m not so much upset about not having a baby as I am that my body isn’t “working”

What do you and your partner do to help distract yourselves from the realities of TTC? (interests, hobbies e.t.c) We bought our first house last summer, so we’ve been spending a lot of time finishing it. We’re putting in a deck in the next few weeks, and I’m so excited for summers outside! Plus, I think the fact that no one we’re close friends with has kids helps a lot…it’s easier to forget.

Post # 13
5191 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Both 35

How long have you been together: Together 6 years, married 3 years

How long have you been TTC: Still no answer to this one. How does one TTC when they know they need medical help before they even begin? We just didn’t know that surgery and IVF would be our only option for a biological child.

Issues: Obstructive azoo and testicular failure (no sperm in ejaculate, but a few sperm in testicular tissue!)

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) After 6 months of preparation, Mr. LK had a successful TESE in April, resulting in 2 vials of testicular tissue with healthy sperm present in the freezer. Now it’s my turn to do my share of the IVF dance. I’m finishing up my first week of supression. Two more to go, and then we start jabbing. Transfer tentatively set for late June. We both take a slew of vitamins and supplements, and we’re both doing accupuncture. Oh, and I’m giving up caffine. Life without coffee blows.

What do you and your partner do to help distract yourselves from the realities of TTC? (interests, hobbies e.t.c) Binge watch House of Cards and Archer, try new recipes, and sit outside watching our chickens be funny.

Post # 14
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
MsBelka31:  I hope that IVF is nice and smooth for you!!! πŸ™‚

View original reply
Turtle83:  Yes! We’re the same with taking Spencer down to the dog park – he loves it too. I really hope that there’s a solution in sight for you. It seems like you are SO close, and your body wants to be pregnant — so frustrating.

View original reply
Aqualov:  Lots coming up for you guys. x

View original reply
shaniqua:  Having a bit of hope can be a good thing – good luck on the karyotype testing chick. 

View original reply
saratiara2:  It can be so annoying when you’re angry at your body for not doing what it’s ‘supposed’ to do. I know that feeling well! Hope the results for hubby are good. πŸ™‚

Post # 15
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
lovekiss:  LOVE House of Cards. Good choice! I have fingers & toes crossed for you. 

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC – Part 18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors