(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC – Part 18

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 751
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
lonsk: I hear ya on the house-buying conundrum. We actually just had our offer accepted yesterday and now I’m worried we’ll have a lovely but empty family home. More pets, maybe?!

View original reply
Turtle83: Thanks love, your good vibes worked for the house! Now if you could just ramp them up a bit for a BFP, that’d be great ๐Ÿ˜€

View original reply
Novella: Aw, I hope you manage to both enjoy yourselves! I’m sure there’s something he’d like to see/do? But I do get the homebody thing, lol. After a few days anywhere I’m usually ready to go back to my nest!

Post # 752
939 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727: Thanks! House is working out so far, although very early days… I’m hoping for both. We’ll see! Buying our first home was pretty straightforward, and we’ll be working with most of the same people on this one, so fingers crossed. Just hoping we’ll have enough money left over for the renovations since it’s got no heating, needs rewiring, etc. Just the sort of project I wanna be pregnant for, ha! Anyway, FX for month 3 post-HSG!

View original reply
lovekiss: The wait goes…uneventfully. So weird, we seem to be feeling exactly the same – right down to the cramps on the left! I have a hard time feeling optimistic, but on the other hand I’m not being negative about it either. So just, meh! 5dp5dt today, and there are tests in the house, but DH and I agreed to wait until Saturday so we’d have the weekend to process the information. 7dp5dt on an FRER should be pretty accurate, right? I mean, not foolproof, but I think we should know where we stand.

View original reply
debinoxford: I’m sorry it’s more waiting, more tests…but hopefully more answers in the end? But I’m the least patient person in the world – we have raided our savings because I couldn’t face the two-year wait for NHS treatment. How much more we can spend if this doesn’t work, I don’t know. Someone once said you need to agree a limit with your partner, and then really think long and hard about exceeding that – but I can’t say it’s a conversation we’ve had. I’m not even sure if it’s helpful advice :/ lol

Post # 753
442 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies…so much has been happening on this thread, already up to 51 pages! Eep.

I just got my calendar and my meds are called in, so I start stimming on the 15th with a tentative retrieval of the 30th for the last cycle. Baseline on the 13th, and we go from there. I’m nervous, but glad it’s the last cycle.

I hope hope hope we have some normies and get to transfer and stick and this works. I’m so tired of IVF, I can’t even get myself to choke down anymore coQ10! Just stick a fork in me, I’m done. 

But hi! 

Post # 754
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
Turtle83:  He did his SA today, Friday.

Post # 755
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  My back is much better, thanks. When we went to bed, DH prodded the sore spot for awhile. It actually flared up when I got into bed and then I couldn’t move and eventually dozed off because of pain and tiredness. But woke up today and no problems with it. Being an adult sucks.

I think even if DH’s test indicates IVF, I will ask about the HSG anyway. What’s the point of trying really invasive treatment if they haven’t even really looked at my innards? Here’s to the weekend and either AF or POAS, depending on what does or doesn’t happen the next 2 days.

Post # 756
939 posts
Busy bee

Tested on an internet cheapie this morning, 6dp5dt, BFN. Have an FRER for tomorrow but I know in my bones it’ll be the same result. I also realise there will be folks out there saying it’s too early to tell, but… Well, I hope I’m wrong.

If I’m not, that’s two top-quality (AA) blastocysts, on two separate transfers, and not even as much as a chemical. Obviously this is more a question for the Dr, but since many of you are such wise women on this topic, where would I go from here? Immunes is the only thing I can think of, and the cost is just enormous…

Post # 757
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
whybee:  I’m sorry. I do think there is still hope…I’ve learned it’s not over till it’s over…but I would be discouraged at 6dp5dt too.  I probably wouldn’t start to fret too much though with just two unsuccessful attempts (especially since if I am remembering correctly you didn’t do PGS so we aren’t even sure these are genetically normal embryos…they can’t tell just from the quality).  IVF is successful like 50% of the time even in the best of circumstances, so hopefully it is just bad luck and the next one will be better luck, but certainly ask your doc. Do you have frosties left?

Post # 758
939 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
nyckitten: Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ We have two frosties, both AA blasts, one hatching. You’re right – no PGS so far. Our clinic doesn’t offer it but I am wondering whether it may be worth paying to have the embryos transferrred to another local clinic that does (equally good if not better success rates, etc. – we are lucky to have multiple options so close)? In a sense, it would be better to know and avoid the heartbreak of another BFN. But then, we only have two frosties, and the charge for PGS covers up to 9, so it makes it ridiculously expensive per embryo… 

We had hoped that the first cycle was bad luck, and that this one might be better! But, I know, you can easily flip a coin and get the same result twice in a row!

I’m so grateful for your reply, really – any further thoughts most welcome before DH and I both end up bawling into our Friday night dinner! xx

Post # 759
1183 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
whybee:  that’s great that you have two high quality blasts still frozen!  I agree that doing pgs on those two remaining doesn’t make much financial sense…it will be cheaper to just do two FETs than the PGS…as long as you can stomach a potential bfn/cp/mc due to chromosomal issues.  I assume you have had all the routine pre-IVF labs and tests (sonohystogram, thyroid labs, etc)?  It’s so tough to know what the cause of failures is, or if it’s all just dumb luck. After I had several bfn’s and cp’s from FETs I spent a lot of time pursuing possible endometrial dysfunction (diagnosed with an endometrial biopsy) and trying to treat that at my last clinic, which is a more experimental sort of thing (that many REs don’t believe in at all).  In retrospect, it probably didn’t help me much and sort of wasted time…my current clinic ended up being right that it’s just about having a good (genetically normal) embryo and luck. On the other hand, I have heard of other women who have had success after treating the more experimental endometrial stuff. Even my last doc–the more experimental one–said that most REs really don’t believe in the advanced immuno stuff and he hasn’t seen great success with it.  But, who knows.  I am hoping your baby is in those two frosties!  We hear a lot of first timer success stories, but for others it takes a few tries with IVF to work.  If I were in your shoes my game plan would probably be to try the next two frosties (one at a time), and if that doesn’t work to switch to the clinic that does pgs and do amother IVF cycle with pgs to get an understanding of what proportion of embryos are chromosomally normal. Then if they are all normal, or normal ones start not sticking, I would probably pursue the more “experimental” stuff.  But I dont know your whole history or story (and obviously am not your RE!) so take that with a grain of salt!!  It also depends a bit on your financial situation, insurance situation, age, etc.  Anyway, will be thinking of you!! 

Post # 760
5191 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

I hate to post and run, but it’s a super busy weekend and we got our betas. At 13dp5dt, my betas are up near 1000. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are over the moon with joy. We go in again on Monday, and then again for Thursday, for follow-up betas. Rise, baby, rise!

Post # 761
2455 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Thank you! 

View original reply
oliviakatherine:  Your nurse is right! It sounds completely normal, don’t worry ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
whybee:  Congrats on the house!!! I have everything crossed for your BFP!! I’m sorry about the BFN, in my experience internet cheapies have never been good, I’ve had hcg over 50 and not even a squint line on wondfos, I hope tomorrow’s FRER will be a BFP, rooting for you!

View original reply
Frohike:  yay for starting your cycle soon! I’m rooting for you and hoping you will get your rainbow baby very soon!

View original reply
debinoxford:  I hope his numbers show improvement. I agree with your plan, you should get an HSG and make sure your tubes are open before pursuing more advanced treatment

View original reply
lovekiss:  Wow that’s an amazing beta!!! So so happy for you!! Congrats lady!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 762
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
whybee:  I’m sorry about the BFN  Those are so hard to swallow after putting so much into IVF. Hugs

View original reply
lovekiss:  Wow! Congrats! 

Post # 763
1823 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
lovekiss:  Well isn’t that the cats meow?!?  Congrats lady! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 764
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
lovekiss:  Congrats!!!

Post # 765
1183 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
lovekiss:  great beta! Congrats!!

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC – Part 18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors