(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC – Part 18

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 797
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

shaniqua:  Good luck with your FET! Everything crossed for a super sticky BFP on the 17th!!

Swizzle:  I hope AF shows up soon so that you can start your medicated cycle!! I have everything crossed for you!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 798
Bee
6474 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

lovekiss:  I’m ok chick. Just needed some space, it’s been really tough watching all the BFP talk, as exciting as they are & as happy as I am to see them.. I don’t really know where I fit in lately, you know? (Congrats, btw.) xx

Was going to update in a new thread so I can follow along a bit more.

Post # 799
7310 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Mrs. Jaguar:  Awww… I get it. We’re here when you are ready. Hope all is well for you and your family.

Post # 800
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

sorry I’ve been MIA. Just got overwhelmed with starting our IUI cycle, the holidays, and just feeling like I had nothing to contribute.

I finished my clomid on the 4th and went in for estrogen levels and ultrasound today (CD12). 

My lining was thin 4.53, but trilaminar. He prescribed me some estradiol to take 2x a day to help thicken it.

I had 3 follicles – one at 23 mm, 15 mm, and 12 mm. They gave me the trigger this AM after the ultrasounds.

I go in tomorrow at 9:15 (24 hours after trigger) and Thursday at 2:30 (about 52 hours after) for the inseminations. I feel like the Thursday insemination is pointless since I thought ovulation happens about 36 hours after the trigger. But I’m just going to trust the doctor I guess.

As they stuck the trigger in my backside I thought “oh crap, this is it. No turning back now!” 

Post # 801
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Well, it’s day 2 of my cycle and AF is certainly ugly this month. It’s horrible the first two days. I think my body is rebelling against me. So we’re back on 50mg of clomid for yet another cycle. This will be cycle 5 with meds. My doctor wasn’t actually terribly hopeful that it would help if it hasn’t done so in the previous four cycles, but while we wait for test results and the next steps to be laid out, I might as well take meds that give me bad hot flashes. Good part is though, since we’re in an arctic blast of wintery weather right now, the hot flashes will come in handy when I go to bed. At least then I’ll be warm. ๐Ÿ™‚ Best of luck to everyone starting cycles with hopefully awesome results. 

Post # 802
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Frohike: Thanks love, some good advice there…

jetsetbee: OTD is Friday (10th). Without wanting to sound ungrateful for your positivity (which I know is well-intentioned!), I don’t think it was too early. Really, I’m just waiting for Friday so I can POAS and tell my clinic what I’ve known for ages already *sigh*

shaniqua:  Wow, FET came around quickly! FX for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Swizzle:  *waves* just unloaded on your other thread…lol

Post # 803
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

debinoxford:  So weird to hear talk about an arctic blast of wintery weather. It’s been the 90s here for weeks! Thankfully on clomid I didn’t get hot flashes, hope they’re not too bad for you.

AFM, I had my first insemination this morning. My lining thickened from 4.53 mm to 6 mm over the last 24 hours.

Follicles were 27mm, 18mm, and 13mm. He said they looked like they were in the process of ovulation.

I have my next one tomorrow at about 2:30 pm.

Post # 804
7310 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

vanike:  Happy AI day!

whybee:  I wish I could give you a hug. As my beta day drew closer, I just kept telling myself that, regardless of the outcome, we would be okay. I couldn’t control whether it worked or not, so I tried to control my own outlook on the whole thing instead. That was the only way for me to get through the wait in my lower moments. I do hope against hope that your gut feeling is wrong. But if it is right, just remember that you have the strength to get through this.

debinoxford: Sorry AF is particularly brutal this month. Not to be an alarmist, but I just want to make sure someone told you that the recommendation is to do no more than 6 rounds of clomid, period. So if this one isn’t it, you may need to switch to another option for your (hopeful) upcoming IUI cycle. But maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe a new med will have less side effects or something. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 805
6780 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

lovekiss:  I am just stopping by here to say huge CONGRATS!!! I am so happy it’s finally happening for you. Hope everything progresses wonderfully and can see you around in the mamas board.

Post # 806
3829 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

whybee:  hahah sometimes we all need a good vent.  The feedback i got was really good.  Especially since i started AF today . time for more testing. 

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC – Part 18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors