Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

FX for Thread Starters luck! It’s a real thing, ya know. πŸ™‚

Post # 4
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Me 33, DH 39 (40 in just under 3 weeks!)

How long have you been together: Almost 8 years, married for 2

How long have you been TTC: Since summer 2013- I have short cycles so we’ve had 17 cycles of active TTC and this month we will hit 1 year of combined time on pause for medical interventions and 2 years TTC going by the calendar (yay!!)

Issues:

Me: Insanely severe endometriosis removed via 3 laproscopies and 7 months of Zoladex in between surgeries 2 & 3

Him: Non-obstructive Virtual Azoospermia/Cryptozoospermia – he makes 0 to

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) I’m on BC again to (hopefully) reduce my Endo’s regrowth while we deal with his MFI. He’s been on 3 months of Anastrozole and 2 months of Clomid at this point. He had blood drawn yesterday to see if/how the Clomid is working on increasing his testosterone. The Anastrozole upped it 70 points to 370 (Doctor said max he’s seen is 100 points). We’re hoping the Clomid will up it much more (and help him make some sperm). We should get the blood results in the next few days. He has a SA and his next appointment scheduled the first week of August. We’re obviously not TTC until at least then, if everything worked perfectly (hah!)

Anything about yourself you want to share: Also a total nerd here, though I’m more likely to spout Dr. Who, Lord of the Rings or obscure scientific references:) I also get way too excited over new biological/chemical advances that I read about in the science websites I follow.

What is the most effective coping tool you have found to get you through this mess? Being really, really, really busy (and wine). If I’m not busy I bury myself in a book or video game to keep my mind from wandering to TTC, or our lack there of.

Post # 5
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 25/27

How long have you been together: together 6 1/2 years, married for 4 in November

How long have you been TTC: since April 2014, with fertunity treatments starting August 2014. 4 Clomid cyles (+ 1 IUI on the only cycle I responded), 1 cycle injectables + IUI

Issues: PCOS for me, diagnosed at 18. Abnormal morphology (0%) for him. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): We just went through our first IVF cycle last month. I ended up with OHSS so we had to freeze all. Retrieval was 2 weeks ago- retrieved 25, 21 fertilized, 9 day 5 blasts frozen. Feeling great about those numbers, but now waiting until the end of August for our FET. Started birth control yesterday.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I have a goal to read 100 books this year, last year I fell a bit short but the year before I met it! Reading is also a good distraction for me.

What is the most effective coping tool you have found to get you through this mess? As others have said, staying busy helps. Also we’ve done a decent amount of traveling around cycles, which gives me something to look forward to.

Post # 7
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Thanks for the new thread. I’ve been hiding from the old one, so maybe a fresh start will bring more luck.

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 30 // 33.

How long have you been together: 13 years together/4 years married πŸ™‚

How long have you been TTC: Trying for #2 since Georgia was a wee babe in 2013, back at IVF since March 2014.. and still here.

Issues: I have PCOS and anovulation, plus low progesterone. Hubby has morph/motility issues.

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) IVF. We’re currently attempting a frozen cycle with our new clinic, but still using our day 1 embryos we have stored.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I am a total worrier. I hate when people don’t return emails/phone calls fast. I love animals and would love to own a few more cats, but that might make me a little crazy…

What is the most effective coping tool you have found to get you through this mess? Honestly? Blogging. Writing and getting it off my chest helps. πŸ™‚

Post # 8
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
Frohike:  nope, I was waiting on the new thread to jump in, though I was following along! Haha thank you, I’m very happy with our results because retrieval was a one time thing for us, both physically and financially

Post # 9
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: both 29

How long have you been together: together 11 years, married 3 years

How long have you been TTC: 3 years, had one chemical pregnancy in February of this year. Have been with my current RE who is willing to treat me for the last 15ish months. Have done clomid, injectables and one IVF cycle.

Issues: PCOS & hyperthyroidism (in remission) for me, low morphology for him

What are your TTC plans for 2015: We just did our first IVF/ICSI cycle at the end of May. I ended up with OHSS so we had to freeze all. Retrieved 15, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 day 5 blasts frozen. We are scheduled to start our medicated FET cycle this week. Transfer should be at the end of the month.

Anything else about yourself you want to share? Nothing super interesting. It is freezing here today and my kitten, who is really 4 1/2 so not a kitten at all, is curled up keeping me warm. 

What is the most effective coping tool you have found to get you through this mess? I read blogs, hang out on here, talk about it to anyone who will listen but mainly just my hubby keeps me sane. We watch stacks of TV and movies, play games, things like that. 

View original reply
Frohike:  Thanks for starting the new thread. I have closed the previous thread.

Post # 10
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
Novella:  Yay for starting your new cycle soon!!

I am booked in for transfer next Thursday, they’re thawing our Day 1 embryos tomorrow. Man, I hope we get at least one survive til then. Last time we did this, we had to come in early at Day 3 because we lost so many in the process. πŸ™

Post # 11
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

Scratch that… transfer is now pushed back to the following week. Bugger!

Post # 12
620 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Frohike:  Thanks for the new thread! I’m actually not a graduate…but I’ll take that as a psychic prediction that I will be soon? πŸ™‚

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Both 29

How long have you been together: 7 years together, married 2 years this fall

How long have you been TTC: Been off birth control since early last year, officially actively trying for 12 months now. We were diagnosed early on with MFI. 

Issues: MFI – motility and morphology

What are your TTC plans for 2015: We are on our first try at IVF with ICSI. Today was my first day of stims. I don’t go back until Monday so feeling a bit anxious (but I’m a worrier anyway, so this process is really testing me!). We did a two cycles option at our clinic so we’ll freeze any embryos we have left to do an FET if that doesn’t work. 

Anything else about yourself you want to share? I’ve always been a dog person, but TTC/infertility has made me sort of a dog lunatic. I know my dog isn’t really my baby, but my behavior might suggest otherwise? She’s the ultimate lap dog, so we have lots of cuddle sessions right now and it’s totally my therapy!

What is the most effective coping tool you have found to get you through this mess? Before my cycle started, WINE. All the wine. Now that I’m in my IVF cycle, cuddling with my dog and taking her to parks around town, lots of netflix with DH, knitting, and reading. I have to keep myself busy because I get super anxious and worried about EVERYTHING. 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-19/#ixzz3fSyH4Ax5

Post # 13
1297 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Bugger! I was so glad to read that they were going to do it earlier. Have they got a good reason why they aren’t?

Post # 14
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
Novella:  The old clinic has used a slow freeze on the embryos, and apparently they didn’t inform the new clinic of that – so the new clinic has to sort out the appropriate cultures for these embryos. Ordering in Monday, getting on Tuesday, thawing Wednesday. πŸ™

Post # 15
1297 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  ugh!! I am so annoyed for you and your old useless clinic!! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 19’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors