(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 19

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 841
4997 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  We are going camping too! It was my turn to plan, so DH doesn’t know yet. 

Nurse just called and said to up my dose of Menopur to 150 mg and come back Thursday. Hopefully this works faster!

Post # 842
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

Ugh, this sucks. I am 14 DPO with no signs of AF (usually get it 13/14 DPO and spotting day before). Took a FRER, thought was a squinter but after taking it apart it ended up being big ugly colorless indent line :((. Where is AF then? 

Post # 843
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Sorry about your BFN. I hope it either comes soon, or you get your BFP.

Post # 844
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

<div id=”yui3-css-stamp” style=”position: absolute !important; visibility: hidden !important;”> </div>
<div id=”s2s”>
<div id=”s2s-flyout” class=”s2s-flyout-row dialog-box bottom” style=”left: 0px; top: -38px;”>
<div id=”hover-mask”> </div>

<li id=”searchlight-search” class=”searchlight-search blr4 brr4″> 

</div>
</div>

View original reply
solnishko1186:  sorry about your BFN *hugs*

Just checking up on everyone and sending lots of sticky baby dust…:)

I’m doing ok…I’m 6 days late and I have NO desire to do a POAS and find out because it always has been one stingy line! lol I’m completely adamant that it’s probably my PCOS acting up crazy…

I’m on Vitex for past 6 weeks so maybe it’s the medicine’s doing? I have severe period cramps for ten days now argh!

Post # 845
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Hey ladies. I don’t actually remember when I last posted in here. But we’re still trucking along. In the TWW. Since I stopped Clomid, I haven’t really paid much attention to my cycle, no OPKs or anything. I reckon our timing is still pretty good, but as we’re coming up to the two year mark, I just don’t really care. But there is good news. I have lost 3 out of the 5 kg I need to lose for funded IVF treatment. Most of which has come off in the last two weeks. Hoping to push through and lose the rest by the second week in October and have my appointment with the GP then and get the letter sent off to the fertility clinic. Why do I want to get it done then? Ah, because in the 3rd week of October, we’re going on a road trip to the North Island. We need a vacation, badly. Sending lots of baby dust your way and hope to pop in again when I’ve got the all clear from my GP for the waiting list for treatment.

Also, would it be prudent to inquire about an HSG test to be done? I haven’t had one and there wasn’t any mention of it from the fertility clinic. I thought it was pretty standard for it to happen and I don’t feel terribly happy about jumping straight to IVF with ISCI without making 100% sure that all my plumbing is okay. I mean, it’s been two years and not even a faint bfp or anything.

Post # 846
3562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Ugh that sucks!  Hoping you get out of limbo soon and figure it out! 

View original reply
Rabia:  Same goes to you, hope you get some answers soon!  I’d definitely have to POAS being 6 days late!  Also, I was under the impression that you should only take Vitex from CD1-Ovulation day?  Is that not true?

View original reply
debinoxford:  Hi hun! I would definitely ask for an HSG.  It’s pretty quick and painless and at least you’d know.  Here, mine was only about $250 without insurance, so it shouldn’t be terribly expensive if it isn’t covered.  

AFM:  10DPO, no symptoms.  I caved and took a HPT that came with my OPKs this morning, BFN…so not feeling very hopeful for this cycle.  At this point I’m not even sure I want to do the 3rd round of Clomid…it’s not worth going through another week of intense depression, crying and wanting to literally punch everybody I see when the end result is I’m still not effing pregnant. 

Is it the weekend yet?  I need a vacation! 

Post # 847
394 posts
Helper bee

<div id=”yui3-css-stamp” style=”position: absolute !important; visibility: hidden !important;”> </div>
<div id=”s2s”>
<div id=”s2s-flyout” class=”s2s-flyout-row dialog-box top open” style=”left: 482px; top: 130px;”>

<li id=”searchlight-search” class=”searchlight-search blr4 brr4″ style=”transform: translate(0px, 0px);”> 

</div>
</div>

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Really sorry to hear about your BFN. Maybe you can take a break for next cycle and try to be away from TTC for a month or so. I know it’s really crazy just going through one cycle after the next TTCing…and the hormones are haywire with clomid! Yes Vitex should be taken on day 1 of the cycle…Unfortunately it’s not available in Pakistan so my sister was flying in from Australia on 9th of last month and she brought 2-3 bottles for me. I started taking it immediately. I really did not care lol…I have become my own doctor nowadays!  lol

I should test right? But I CANT bring myself to it πŸ™ I always see one line and somehow my faith in testing has frailed. I have been cramping so much for past one week that I keep on thinking today is the day AF will come lol and now I’ve hit 9th day waiting…I can only consider worst case scenarios…a cyst, some issue with my lining,  cancer, hormonal imbalance…and endless list of terrible things lol. I have gone crazy.

On my way to work today, I was listening to let it go from Frozen and I kept on crying all along. I’m a mess…

Seriously! πŸ™ what is happening to me lol

Post # 848
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  I hope the appointment today goes well and you’ll see some progress!  And camping sounds like fun!  Have a great time! 

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I’m really sorry πŸ™ I hate when AF is late and it’s still a BFN. Have you tested again yet? 

View original reply
Rabia:  That would be so frustrating. I’m really sorry AF is so late.  Honestly, I would probably go ahead and test, if nothing else because it always seems to trigger AF for me.  Could you go do a blood test so that you don’t have to see a negative test again if that’s what’s going on? 

View original reply
debinoxford:  Congratulations on the weight loss!  That’s awesome!  I would probably go ahead and ask for an HSG just to be on the safe side. Have a great time on your vacation too! 

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  I’m really sorry πŸ™ the Clomid rounds were the roughest on me and I’m guessing we’re headed back for another one. I second @rabia.  Taking a TTC break after the third Clomid round for me was super helpful. It gave me a better perspective and helped me connect with my DH again better.  But, 10DPO is still early!  Maybe it’s just a late implanter?  FX for you! 

14DPO for me and a BFN on a cheapie test.  I’m trying to convince myself that we’re out for this cycle, but the abnormal cramping I had on 11 and 12DPO have me hoping and praying maybe it was just a late implant and I need to wait it out. Either way, I won’t test again before Monday. 

Post # 849
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Ty. Yup, AF already came so no more testing. I tested FRER with water too and saw same fat/big/ugly indent line..So now I know it is NOT a squinter.

We are also starting IUI this cycle. We decided to go ahead with my DH freezing his sample as he will be out of town for the procedure. Tomorrow I go for baseline ultrasound, DH goes to provide freeze sample, then protocol is Femara CD 3-7, Ovidrel and 36hours later IUI. 

RE just called in my drugs to the pharmacy and they prescribed me 7.5mg of Femara for five days. Is anyone familiar with Femara (doc said Clomid has more side effects, he likes Femara more)? It is out first try and I do have very high follicle count (maybe PCOS but not officially diagnosed). 7.5mg seems like a very high dose (it is equivalent to 150mg of Clomid)….I do not want to second guess the doc and micro-manage the process, but I read people starting with 2.5 mg (equivalent to 50mg Clomid). I am already at risk (high AHM and AFC) of over-responding and OHSS, so I am puzzled why he wants me on that dose? Any insight? I am super anxious with all this process and logistics of it all. 

Post # 850
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  So sorry about BFN…..have your doctor discussed Femara at all? The RE we saw said it is his drug of choice as it has much less side effects. Are you willing to do IUIs? every doc is different, but our RE does not allow any fertility drugs to be taken with TI, only does IUIs.

@Rabia – Limbo is the worst state to be in. Huggs. Hope stupid AF stays away for next 9 months.

@hogoboom2012 – FX for late implantation!

Post # 851
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I can provide some insight for femara. First two cycles that I took it I felt great. I was on a 5mg dose days 3-7. The first cycle was cancelled and second I only had one (maybe) mature follie for TI. The next cycle (our first iui) my RE upped my dose to 7.5mg since she said I didn’t respond well to 5mg. I had 3 mature follies (bfn). This cycle my protocol was the exact same – 7.5mg CD 3-7, ovidrel and IUI. Currently 4DPO and I again had 3 mature follicles.

I’m not really sure how pcos protocol will work, but the idea of oral meds in my case is to get 2-3 mature follicles as targets to improve pregnancy success. (I have DOR). I would be worried about over responding in your case and it would be worth just asking the doctor why they wanted you to start with such a high dose. Fwiw, my RE also only uses femara since it doesn’t harm your lining and there aren’t as many risks associated with it. She said that the chance for multiples is generally about the same and contingent of course on how many mature follicles you have.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions. Sounds like our protocol is the same and I am happy to give you my experience from start to end of iui.

Post # 852
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  thank you for your insight πŸ™‚ Yei for being IUI buddies :)) FX 3rd time is the charm!

I talked to the nurse and she said its the doctors protocol. I ovulate on my own and grow post ovulation cyst (corpus luteum) that rupture at times and pain lands me in ER on regular basis…so this dose kinda scares me. I know the doc has 8 plus years education and feel bad second guessing it. Would it be an absolutely horrible idea to “improvise” on my own and take 5mg instead….?

Post # 853
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Well, I hope I don’t need a 3rd IUI! So fx 2nd time is a charm πŸ˜‰ unless you meant with femara and in that case, yes!

It would be easy to manipulate your cycle to only take 5mg/cycle since the pills come in 2.5mg doses. However, if I were in your situation I would probably trust the doctor since you are likely not the first person to prescribe femara to! For me, I would be disappointed to have wasted a cycle with no mature follicles (looking back I’m irritated we did) and maybe the REs thinking is that they want one or two of your many follies to become dominant. I’m not entirely sure how that works or if it’s even a logical thought, but worst case scenario is that you respond too well and get cancelled/switch to TI (although your husband won’t be home..). Either way the first cycle is kind of a trial and error to figure out dosage, so my gut would say trust the doctor and go from there. It may be beneficial for you to request your monitoring to be earlier (like CD 10) if you are nervous to overrespond.

Post # 854
394 posts
Helper bee

Bees,

I think I got a BFP a few hours back! I’m still in this massive state of shock.

<div id=”s2s”>
<div id=”s2s-flyout” class=”s2s-flyout-row dialog-box top open” style=”left: 339px; top: 190px;”>

<li id=”searchlight-search” class=”searchlight-search blr4 brr4″ style=”transform: translate(0px, 0px);”> 

</div>
</div>

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Yes always doing a POAS test gets me an AF asap but this time I got two lines! Now I’m freaking out over a blood test because I’m afraid of it contradicting with this one lol…I mean I’m 10 days late today so this should be accurate right?

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I just got my BFP and I’m crying and freaking out because 3.5 years and I never had one BFP before so this is so surreal…totally weeping tears of joy!

20150918_093253

Bees, please tell me this is for  real! I can’t help but cry…after having gone through much I just feel I’m in a dream…

Post # 855
289 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Rabia:  I’m a fly-by here but remember you from the charters thread. Congratulations lady!!! That looks super duper duper positive to me. Yay!!!!!!! I am so so so happy for you. Now, celebrate and then get thee to a doctor for betas

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 19’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors