(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 19

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 871
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

BeverlyGeese:  Yes, hopefully not. I meant 3rd time in treatment with RE…lol. 🙂

Rabia:  Congrats!!!!! That is wonderful news.

MissCountryGirl727: FX AF stays away for good!

RunnerBride13:  Yup, I will just take that dose and not second guess anything. Things I have read (as we have some mild male factor issues) said that under 5 million is straight to IVF type thing, 5-10 mil is OK to try IUI. I think 20mil is a very generous number and if count is a little lower, it is not a big deal at all and only need to start worrying if it is under 5 mil. But then again, it only takes one.

AFM, just had my baseline scan and DH went to provide a sample for freeze. After docs reviews both and if I have no cysts and get all clear we can start. I am sooo anxoius waiting to hear back. DH texted me that providing his sample at the clinic was the weirdest/most uncomfotable thing he has ever done….poor guy. :-(RunnerBride13:  

Post # 872
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
Rabia:  Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise!

Post # 873
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  I am going to send you a pm!

Post # 874
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
Rabia:  amazing news! You deserve this so much 😊 I’ve been following this thread all day but haven’t had the chance to post until now. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow morning… This could be it, lovely!! And, if not, a longer Lap is no bad thing x (LP not lap! But my phone won’t let me edit!)

Post # 875
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

I am just gutted. Clinic called – DH’s sample was really bad, so bad that we can not proceed with IUI (total shock. He had SA done in May and it was on a low end, but very mild. Now this sample is severe MFI). He can do another sample and if it is still bad, IVF is an only option

Post # 876
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Oh no! Do you know the values?

Post # 877
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Did not tell the count (said very low), 25% motility and 1% morthology

Post # 878
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Ugh, I’m so sorry! When do you think he can do another SA? Hopefully it was just a fluke!

Post # 879
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Yeah…no clue. We had one done in May (for SA) and it was much better. The change is so drastic. His last one was I rememember 5% morthology, now they say it is less then 1. Same with count, huge drop. No different factors or anything in the last few months.

We have an option to gambe and for me to start the drugs today as scheduled and he would re-do the sample next week. If it is bad again, they said we need a consult and might not be able to do IUI.

Post # 880
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
Rabia:  congratulations! Very exciting!

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Sorry about you DH’s count, hope it was just a fluke and the next sample is better.

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Can’t wait for your update! Enjoy your anniversary trip!

AFM: Results are good! Ultrasound yesterday my lining was 7.7 (was thinking it would be a bit higher as tech originally said it was 11),  estrogen 1897, P4 2.3

I’ll start Medrol, prometrium, and doxycycline on the 20th. Intralipids on the 24th and FET on the 25th! Hope cycle 54 is our lucky one!  Now to book our flights and accomodations

Post # 881
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Rabia:  Congratulations!!  What a wonderful surprise.  Wishing you the happiest and healthiest 9 months!

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  It’s sounding promising….hope you get the best early anniversary gift tomorrow morning. 

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Hugs, lady.  I’m so sorry you’re feeling down right now.  It’s hard admitting that you need the help of an RE but they are the best option to help you get your BFP.  I have everything crossed that Femara is the answer for you.

Post # 882
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I’m so sorry, hun.  Hopefully it’s just a one time thing and the next sample is better.  Have you decided if you’ll start the drugs anyway?

View original reply
lonsk:  Great news! 

AFM, had to take a bit of a break because I was having a meltdown after my recent two week cycle and spontaneous AF.  I just felt like my body was completely messed up and we were getting further away from a BFP instead of closer.  My acupuncturist encouraged me to think of it as a fresh start instead.  That my body didn’t like the track it was on so it pressed the abort button and started over.  I thought she was full of nonsense and that my cycle would be messed up for a while but what do you know, I ovulated yesterday on CD13 (earlier than normal) and had picture perfect EWCM for a few days. So I’m trying to feel confident about this cycle again.  I have an ultrasound booked for next week and then a follow up with my GP after that so I am happy that even if this cycle is a bust, the ball is finally rolling.

Post # 883
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I may be wrong, but I think you always can do the IUI. If you’re paying out of pocket of course it may not be worthwhile, but even if the doctor says it’s not a good sample, you should be able to say you want to do it anyway. Like if you’ve already taken the meds and your husband is out of town! 

Post # 884
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Yeah, this doctor does not care if we pay out of pocket, it is his policy to cancel a cycle if numbers are not good. They have to be really poor for them to cancel, so I imagine they consider his very poor. I know they are not good, but they do not sound that horrible – 25% motility and 1% morthology (plus low count) – is it THAT bad?

They gave us an option for him to re-do the sample next week. I start the pills today as planned. If next week his re-do sample is better, we will proceed. If not, will cancel the cycle and no more attempts at IUI. Then doc wants us to come in for a consult to explore other options (aka IVF). But if that is the case, we will not be able to do it until at least January coz will have to switch insurances. I guess it is kinda ok, as I look at it if we did 3 IUIs and none woked, it would be IVF anyways, but we would spend more money for nothing. Then I will sit tight and wait, but at least will know I am waiting for something that has much more chance of working. Idk, I had an intense day today, so trying to tell myself something to stay calm (that and an emergency Ativan)

Post # 885
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
Rabia:  just popping in to say congratulations!!  Looks like a strong positive to me!  Praying for a sticky baby for you.  Keep us posted.  

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 19’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors