(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 20

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 676
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

hogoboom2012:  Ah, I had forgotten about that. I wouldn’t be ready for another after only 2 months either!

Post # 677
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

So, we weren’t going to move forward with monitoring, etc until Jan because we aren’t even close to hitting our deductible yet, so we’re paying for everything OOP and Darling Husband would have rather waited until Jan to move forward more.  Well, the RE called yesterday and will not allow me to do the double Femara dose without monitoring because she’s worried about developing OHSS.  It’s a very slim chance, but since I only have one ovary to start with she doesn’t want to take any chances.  I had to call my boss today to get permission to go to the monitoring appointments because we have a staff retreat next week and the appt clinic is over an hour away.  (The awkward conversations I’d had with my boss since July about this keep my Darling Husband highly entertained!).  But, got the OK, so I start 5mg Femara tonight and then have an ultrasound on 11/12.  Ready or not, here we go. 

Post # 678
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

hogoboom2012:  You know, I thought of one other thing that has really helped. In the book “Navigating the Land if IF” book, the author suggests putting together a decision tree to navigate infertility choices. My husband and I totally think this way, so we jumped on it and did it right away. Essentially the concept is to decide ahead of time your path you’ll follow out of the land of infertility. This means you’d have to have this really tricky conversation and decision making process once (or at least fewer times) than having to rehash and agonize over the options after every failed cycle. For me and my husband this looks like.

– 5 Medicated cycles (Done)

– 4 IUIs (1 failed so far)

– 3 rounds of IVF

– Adoption

So, basically if any of the above work and result in pregnancy, then I’ve made my way out. But if they don’t, I know what steps we are going to take and can come to peace with that now (oh, and by the way save every last cent for this likely $$$$$ path we’ve chosen.)

Has anyone else tried something like this?

Post # 679
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

So I had some appointments today – sonohysterogram looked good but they saw a 10 mm follicle on my right side so I don’t know if I’m still at “baseline.” And of course it was the end of the day so they couldn’t get their sh!t together to get my E2 levels to find out. They also changed my protocol to Menopur 300 IU (instead of Menopur + Follastim) but now I don’t know when we can start. They have a deadline of December 5th to start a cycle before the holidays, so if I have to do a month of BC pills first, that would push us past the deadline and we’d have to wait until January. I really hope we don’t have to do that 

Post # 680
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

hogoboom2012:  That’s wonderful your boss gave you the green light for monitoring appointments. How are you feeling about this development? Excited to be moving forward?

rusticgirl:  I LOVE the decision tree idea. I tried to get my Darling Husband to talk this out with me, but he felt uncomfortable with it, and prefers to make decisions as we go. Maybe the book would help him.

RunnerBride13:  That stinks! Do you have to go back and give blood tomorrow, or were they able to draw blood for E2 levels and you’re just waiting for results?

AFM, this is a bit cross-posted from charters, but I’m feeling really optimisitic because my CD21 progesterone for my first clomid cycle was 32.5! This is up from 9.8 at my last non-medicated cycle. I’m hoping this means I’m having stronger ovulation, but I’m trying to moderate my expectations. After so many cycles it feels a little like it’s never going to happen, but this gives ne a tiny bit of hope. 

Post # 681
4998 posts
Honey bee

MattieK:  I’ll have to go back. Luckily I live 1.5 miles from the clinic…

Post # 682
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

RunnerBride13:  so lucky! My doctors are all an hour subway ride away! I’m dreading the possibility of frequent monitoring appointments.

Post # 683
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: I am 25, Darling Husband is 28

How long have you been together: 2 years and 8 months (married for 8 months)

How long have you been TTC: We’ve officially hit the year mark of me going of BC

Issues: Possible PCOS, Haven’t ovulated naturally the entire year that we’ve been trying. Have gone on progesterone/clomid for about 4 cycles with only 1 successful ovulation. In the beginning of all this, I was temping every morning and was getting extremely varied temperatures; they were all over the place. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Originally we were seeing a few different doctors, my GYN first, then started seeing a RE who screwed us over royally. I also went to an endocrinologist who put me on metformin. Then I took a step back from medication (minus the metformin which I’ve been taking for about a month now) and doctors and only went to an acupuncturist to try to bring my cycle on naturally. That became too much money and it wasn’t starting my period so I decided to stop everything all together because it was too depressing. That being said, the week I decided to cancel my upcoming acupuncture appointments, I got my period (metformin possibly working?)! Since I had gone a record 109 days without my period, I took advantage of this and scheduled an HSG with the demon doctor just because I needed to know if there was any blockages or other issues we were dealing with besides PCOS. Everything came back normal so I’m hoping maybe my cycle is finally normalizing? I’ve started temping again in the mornings but the temperatures are still all over the place. Going from 97.something down to 95. something the next day back up to 97, then down again to 96. I don’t know if this is any indication that my cycle is still screwed up? This has been an extremely rough year and lately I’ve been hitting rock bottom again with feeling hopeless and extremely depressed. I feel very alone in this journey and it’s just getting harder and harder to deal with everyday because all I think about is how badly I wish I was pregnant.

For fun–The holidays are coming up soon! Which is your favorite? this is a hard one since all the holidays are my favorite. I love getting together with my family, eating good food and sharing good times. If I HAD to pick, probably thanksgiving because it’s all the same food and good times as christmas without the anxiety and frustrating of gift giving and spending an exorbant amout of money on said gifts. 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-20/#ixzz3qX2QjZPY

Post # 684
2785 posts
Sugar bee

hogoboom2012:  Yei for getting work to approve monitoring appointments. If you are doing monitoring and putting tons of efford into getting to the clinic, taking time off work, paying out of pocket for the ultrasounds, could you do IUI and not just Femara? It is only one extra visit to the clinic and could help with endo/DH’s issue.

rusticgirl:  That’s is a great idea to think of progression plan in advance. My Darling Husband does not like to pre-plan things, so he says to re-evaluate as we go. But I will try to bring it up again.  

RunnerBride13:  I hope you don’t have to skip a cycle and wait till Jan….that blows they did not take your hormone levels that day..They don’t do cycles on holidays? That is strange, most clinics stay open 365 days a year 🙁

MattieK:  Awesome levels! That is one strong O :)))

Post # 685
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

rusticgirl:  We have done something like this, but not as clear!  That might be a good option for us to try.  We know that IUI is the farthest that we will go and after that, we’ll look at adoption, but we haven’t talked about specific time lines/numbers of cycles.  If this one is a bust, I think this will have to be a must.  thank you! 

RunnerBride13:  That’s so annoying!  I hope they get it figured out soon!

MattieK:  Those progesterone levels are great!  Yay!!  I’m so happy for you! I am feeling a little more optimistic about everything, but in a very cautious “not going to get my hopes up again” way.  I think once I know if the Femara works I will be more excited. 

KatEmmaMarie:  Welcome!  I’m sorry for the rough go with doctors.  Having a good doctor really does make ALL the difference!  I hope your cycle does regulate soon. 

solnishko1186:  IUI is our absolute last resort and Darling Husband isn’t ready to go to that step yet. So, for now we’ll just stick with the monitoring and TI. If nothing by Jan, then I think we’ll be looking at IUI more and getting more testing done. 

Post # 686
1117 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Ladies! So I’m going to start up treatments again tomorrow but I haven’t had a period. My RE thinks that I don’t have to induce a period before we start. I’m kind of nervous since the last time they did that I started my period right in the middle of taking Clomid. Also, we got the news that my husband’s sperm samples have 6.8 mil in each vile. The fertility center suggested we use both samples at once, which I totally get, but that’s all we have to work with until Spring. What do you ladies think?

Post # 687
4998 posts
Honey bee

Finally some good news!! I am cleared to start stims ASAP and my insurance covered the meds!!! They don’t cover the actual IVF part, but I’ll take what I can get!

Post # 688
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

RunnerBride13:  Awesome news! So exciting. Good luck!

Post # 689
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Novella:  sorry you’ve been having such a shit run! Hope the allergic reaction has gone completely now too. 

it is so annoying that we can’t get any guarantees with this whole process. I wish I was able to help. If at any stage you wanna chat you know how to find me. 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 20’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors