(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 20

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 692
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Novella:  rusticgirl:  Thanks! They just told me they want to check FSH and LH today before we start meds, so I guess we could still get delayed again. What a freakin rollercoaster this is!

Post # 693
2785 posts
Sugar bee

Ham1320:  What treatments are you doing? Is 2 vials the last you have, or do you have more? Is 6.8 mil with 100% motility – in that case maybe 1 is enough and save the other one?

Post # 695
2785 posts
Sugar bee

Has anyone tested out the trigger shot at how many dpo it is gone? My body seems to metabolize it super fast. By 5DPO, it is completly out of my systmen, stark white tests. What is puzzling, even a day/two after the trigger shot, my wondfos are not dark. I can def see the second line, but it is faint (not a squinter, but pretty faint). I would think with so much hcg in the system the line would be strong.

Post # 696
1117 posts
Bumble bee

solnishko1186:  Another medicated IUI but with injectibles this time. Those are the numbers after they’ve been washed but I’m not really sure–I’ll ask today. My clinic will only do 4 IUIs before they move you on to IVF, which we’re on the list for (there is a year wait unfortunately).

My trigger lasted almost 12 days but it’s very possible you metabolize it faster than others. 

RunnerBride13:  Good luck!

Post # 697
1082 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

RunnerBride13:  good luck!

solnishko1186:  I think mine usually lasts til 11dpo. And the test starts out as dark as the control line the day after I trigger. That is odd that its out of your system so fast, but I guess everyones body handles it different. Or maybe you’re on a lower dose? 

Ham1320:  I’m sorry I forgot your situation, why are the two samples all you have til spring? I think I would probably use them together this cycle if everything looks promising with your follicles. I know my doctors office wants counts over 10 million to do iui. 

Post # 698
2785 posts
Sugar bee

KatesTheWord:  Hmm. It is the standart prefilled Ovidrel 250 mcg, with I think is about 6,000 IU.

From the manufacturer:  Following subcutaneous administration of Ovidrel, hCG is eliminated from the body with a mean terminal half-life of about 38 hours.”

Post # 699
1117 posts
Bumble bee

KatesTheWord:   we finally got into the infertility clinic just before DHs schedule got really crazy. Bad timing but I’ll take it. 

Post # 701
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

MattieK:  solnishko1186:  Ham1320:  KatesTheWord:  hogoboom2012:  Thank you!!! 

I met with my RE and the IVF nurse today and we signed all the consent forms! I ordered all the drugs except Ganirelix because it requires a prior authorization (I don’t need it until at least Tuesday anyway). I’m really confused because my benefit summary says my insurance doesn’t cover IVF, but they told me they are reviewing the procedure prior authorization! So I guess there’s a chance they will actually pay it?? I’m hoping to find out tomorrow- the finance lady screwed up the paperwork so it couldn’t be processed today. Anyway, starting stims Saturday either way!! 

Post # 702
2785 posts
Sugar bee

RunnerBride13:  Stim Sat – that is amazing! Whoop Whoop. Hope the finance people get their shi* together. I think eventhought the process of IVF is more involved and hard,  part of it is more of a relief (and I might change my tune when and if we have to start IVF..so take this with a grain of salt), but it seems like even with IUIs, so much is unknown – heck I don’t even know if I ovulated on time after trigger, we dont know if anything fertilized, attempted to implant etc. With IVF, at lease they tell you right then and there every step and developments – if any eggs were retrieved, if any fertilized, know for a fact they are implanted. Part of me wants to skip the stupid IUI #3, and just start IVF right away. But we need to do 3, per doc’s request.

Post # 703
2785 posts
Sugar bee

I think I am 9DPO (if I ovulated the day of IUI), and bfn on a wondfo. I know it is way too early, but was testing out the trigger (which was completly out by 5dpo) and for whatever reason kept testing. I thought I saw something, but then realized it must be an indent line. If we are out this month, we would have to skip November as day 12, and IUI would prob fall right onto thanksgiving, and we are out of town to visit family those days. Unless RE would agree to do Clomid unmonitored just to kill time. And if cycles are regular, O would also fall right onto X-mas in December, but at least we are staying local, so if the clinic is open, maybe could squeeze in last iui before the end of the year. Is it bad that I completly lost all hope for those iuis to work? With try number 1, I was soo optimistic, now I am just so blah. Like lets get this shit over with and move on feeling.    

Post # 704
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

MattieK:  That progesterone number is great!  When is test day for you? FX!

RunnerBride13:  Yay! I’m so excited for you!  That’s so great that your meds are covered.  That’s a HUGE help.

solnishko1186:  I hope your tests turn positive soon and you don’t have to worry about scheduling another IUI. I know what you mean about losing your optimism when something fails.  I’m always so optimistic when we try something new because I think that’s going to be the magic thing that gets us pregnant and it’s so hard when it just results in another BFN.

AFM, AF is here!!!  I know we don’t celebrate that very much in this thread but I am just SO happy to be done with my last cycle.  It’s lighter than usual but that’s probably because I’ve been spotting/bleeding for about 3 weeks at this point.  Going in for CD3 bloodwork tomorrow and starting 2.5 mg of letrozole tomorrow night.  I also called to schedule my HSG but they were already booked up for this cycle.  I put my name on the cancellation list but if nothing comes up, I’ll just try again in December.  Or hopefully, get a BFP and not have to worry about it.

Post # 705
442 posts
Helper bee

solnishko1186:  last time I went to transfer, I tested the morning of, so 7 days after trigger basically and it was stark white.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 20’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors