(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 20

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 706
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

solnishko1186:  Sorry you’re not feeling too optimistic, but 9DPO is still so early! 

mkat37:  Thanks πŸ™‚ AF is due Monday, but I think she’s on her way early — I’m 10DPO today and woke up with some light spotting and achy crampyness, so she may come a few days early :(. But hooray for AF arriving for you! I hope this cycle with femara does the trick!

Post # 707
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

solnishko1186:  Thanks! I know what you’re saying about IVF, but I also get worried because there are so many opportunities for it to go wrong! You don’t stimulate (my biggest concern), you overstimulate (my next biggest concern), you don’t get many eggs, the eggs don’t mature, the eggs don’t fertilize, the embryos don’t make it to day 5, they don’t implant, you don’t have many to freeze. You see my point! I tend to go down the rabbit hole a bit haha.

mkat37:  Yeah I was shocked that they paid for almost all of it!! I paid about $1,000 out of pocket for all the meds which is pretty good in the grand scheme of things! It’s funny how your perspective changes so much – getting excited about only spending $1,000 on fertility drugs. Anyway, congrats on AF!! I have wished for AF for years, so I get it! I still haven’t gotten it on my own, but maybe one day.

AFM, it is officially Stim Day 1!!! I’m starting 300 IU Menopur tonight and go in on Wednesday morning for an u/s. I’m trying to take it one little goal at a time, so my goal right now is not to get cancelled on Wednesday! I can tell I’m going to be antsy every step of the way, but I think I’ll feel a huge relief if we can get some embryos in the freezer. I never thought we would have to do IVF, but now I feel grateful that we are able to do it. I started an instagram account to document everything if anyone wants to follow (though I’ll probably post it all here anyway!) @lk_ivf_journey

Post # 708
4998 posts
Honey bee

MattieK:  Awww I hope AF holds off for you!

Post # 709
2785 posts
Sugar bee

I freaking hate wondfos. Must be really bad batch. I was getting bfn this am but thought see something (that something was an indent line). So i did another wondfo with GINGERALE to see if it will have same indent. The gingerale wondfo is a fat bfp. Seriously. Def can’t trust this batch now, if its giving strong bpf testing with soda. 

Here is a pic of how visible the line is testing with gingerale. 

Post # 710
1082 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

solnishko1186:  omg I thought you got your BFP! That’s so crazy! That cup of soda is definitely pregnant lol 

edited to add that I’m sorry you’re getting negatives πŸ™ I’m feeling super pms-y so I’m probably right there with you. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  KatesTheWord.
Post # 711
2785 posts
Sugar bee

KatesTheWord: thx. Sorry you are not feeling too hopeful either. I am so tired of this. Now we have only 1 iui left to go and i am starting to seriously freak out what if nothing we do works. And the fact that we probably have to skip the holidays is depressing. 

Post # 712
2785 posts
Sugar bee

RunnerBride13:  How exiting and nervewracking! FX you will get plenty of frosties πŸ™‚

Well, BFN at 12dpiui. I think this cycle is out (unless I ovulated few days later, as I had doubts I did not ovulate on day of IUI.). Pretty bummed…..expecially with holidays coming up. I don’t think we can do another IUI right away, as leaving out of town for thanksgiving and that would fall right on the timeframe of IUI (given AF shows up on time). We could do TI with Clomid and trigger given that we are in town for day 11-12 monitoring (they do not allow non-monitored cycles). Or, we could skip this cycle as far as treatment, and I can get hsg done (it is required before ivf anyways). So I guess I just have to see when AF shows up and the timing of everything. It is scary to think that we only have one more shot at IUI working, before moving onto IVF.

Post # 713
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

RunnerBride13:  Congrats on stimming, and so soon! I know what you mean about all the what if’s of IVF, but I hope it works for you regardless.

Post # 714
4998 posts
Honey bee

solnishko1186:  OMG that is insane about the ginger ale!! Sorry about the BFN; I totally understand the disappointment. Remind me, are your DH’s counts on the low side? 

Aqualov:  Thanks!!

AFM, on Stim Day 3 tonight. I wish there was a way I could see what’s going on in there! I’m getting so antsy for my u/s on Wednesday morning!

Post # 715
2785 posts
Sugar bee

RunnerBride13:  

I understand the antsy feeling..I would be a wreck during the process.

How are the shots so far, are they painful? Is your Darling Husband administering them to you?

DH’s numbers are on the low side, but not low enough for IUIs not to work. I think we average 20 mil with 30% motility.

Has anyone seen indent on frers recently? Past few months, frers give me an ugly, obvious indent lines and all within the 5 minutes time limit. If I didn’t know any better, I would of confused them for faint bfps. 

Post # 716
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

So… hey, ladies. I’ve been completely MIA for a while. Hitting the one year mark was tough, and then I got crazy busy. And I found that the less time I spend thinking about our infertility and the less time I spend in infertility message boards, the better off I felt. So I’ve been avoiding WB, with an occasional pop-in to catch up.

But my husband and I just had another appointment at our fertility clinic, and I need some thoughts/advice.

Background: trying for 15 cycles, no known issues. SA, estrogen, FSH, HSG, and ultrasound all look great.

So we had an appointment on Wednesday to discuss the next step. I should note that I was REALLY late to the office. Like, 30 min late. We’re in the process of moving, and I got caught up in packing and lost track of time. So my poor husband, who had left work for this appointment, just had to sit there in the waiting room alone for 30 minutes. So I arrive, we meet with the doctor, and in an appointment that lasts less than 5 minutes, he recommends Clomid with IUI. He says we can start at my next cycle, asks if we have any questions, then sends us on our way with instructions to call CD1. I leave the appointment happy that we have a plan, but I can tell my husband is in a bad mood. As we’re walking out the door he says, “well THAT was a waste of my time.”

He gets home from work, and over dinner, he tells me he doesn’t want to go ahead with the IUI. [Sidenote: I knew this might be an issue, as he dropped a bomb in May that he wasn’t sure he was comfortable taking “extreme measures” to get pregnant. But I was hoping IUI didn’t fall into that category.] He was still in a bad mood and spewed a lot of feelings at me: He hates that doctor’s office (“it’s my least favorite place in the world”), he doesn’t like our doctor, he feels like they’re just trying to get money from us, he doesn’t feel like we should be moving forward with this when there is nothing physically wrong with either of us, he doesn’t like how the doctor brushes off his questions about cost, and he doesn’t like that this plan has no ends (he feels we’ll just keep pouring money into it forever).

So with things like this, I’ve found that there is generally one main reason someone doesn’t like something, but I can’t figure out what that is. He knows (or he should know) that money isn’t an issue. Both sets of parents are dying for grandchildren, and are pretty well off and willing to help us out. It may be a religious thing. He doesn’t like all of these procedures becaue he feels like they’re “playing God”, and that this might be a sign that we should “just adopt” (in quotes, because you ladies know that it’s just as much time, stress, and money to adopt as it is to go through fertility treatments).

At this point, we haven’t discussed it much. I let him vent to me, and I didn’t respond. I honestly just want to get through this move before we tackle this. I’d like to discuss this calmly and rationally. I want to respect his feelings, but I also want him to respect mine. I’m wondering if a compromise is possible. Maybe he sets a timeline (like, 2 years or 30 months) where after trying for that length of time, he’ll accept the fact that we need help, and allow medical intervention.

As for now, I can either cancel the planned IUI, or I can call the doctor and ask if we can do a cycle with Clomid only. He said he would be okay with that. But is that worth it?

Longest post ever, ugh. I’d love to hear what you would do/say!

Post # 717
2785 posts
Sugar bee

I am just super angry today at everything. Aside from a “low-normal” DH’s count, they can’t find anything wrong with us. Nothing. Ovulating, regular cycles, good hormone levels, etc. Why with “nothing wrong” is this thing not happening. I thought IUIs would work for sure – as have no obvious issues. We already got pregnant naturally once (which I hope is a good sign), granted it took a long time and ended in a loss. I thought with “no diagnosis” and one time natural pregnancy, IUI would for sure work as they are upping the chances with multiple eggs, great timing, stronger sperm. Why are the damn things not working.?? Will anything ever work.? I am so over it today.

Post # 718
4998 posts
Honey bee

jammer62:  Hi! Sorry about everything that’s going on, that’s so tough. Darling Husband has been late to a few appointments and I almost killed him haha. Anyway, for your quick fix, Clomid and TI seems totally reasonable. It’s like $10 and pretty much uninvasive. As for the longer-term (hopefully you won’t get there!), it does sound like your Darling Husband needs to get to the root of his concerns. Maybe he doesn’t even know himself? Maybe it’s a combination of all the things you said? It’s so easy to go down a rabbit hole with all this, but it sounds like he’s a one step at a time kind of guy. So maybe you can try Clomid and TI for a few months and then revisit? Good luck!!

Post # 719
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

solnishko1186:  crazy insane about the ginger ale

RunnerBride13:  good luck with the cycle!

AFM I have started FET cycle #3. I have monitoring bloods and ultrasound next Monday and I imagine transfer should be around 23rd. That’s it for this year. I don’t have much hope that this terrible year is going to end on a good note but it would be nice.

Post # 720
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

MattieK:  I’m sorry about the cramping and temp drop today (saw it on the charter’s thread) πŸ™ Will you do Clomid again next cycle? 

RunnerBride13:  yay for starting stims!  I hope the monitoring ultrasound on Wed goes really well! 

solnishko1186:  I have never seen Wondfo’s do that!  I’m so sorry for the faulty batch πŸ™ And for the defeated feeling.  It’s really hard.  I wish I had more of a fix for you, but I really don’t.  Know that I’m praying for you though! 

jammer62:  Hey there.  I’m so sorry for the rough time you’ve been having.  IF and moving at the same time can be hard. I would move forward with just the Clomid.  We did that this year (now on Femara) and it felt like we were able to move forward in steps that we were both comfortable with. We are both a little unsure about IUI (much for the same reasons you’re wondering about for your Darling Husband – feeling like we’re playing God) and by starting slower with just drugs and TI, we still feel like we’re moving forward and there’s still a chance that it will work naturally!  If that doesn’t work, then in Jan we can start moving forward with trigger shots and maybe eventually IUI, but only if TI and drugs isn’t working.  I don’t know if that helps or not, but that’s what I would do. 

Sorry for not really being around.  I’ve been traveling and following along when I can, but not really able to respond. I’m sorry for the failed cycles for a lot of you πŸ™ I so hope someone gets a sticky BFP soon!  

Finished Femara on Saturday and today got really nauseated, dizzy and almost blacked out.  The nurse said it could be a combination of a cold and dehydration, or it could be the Femara.  Now I’ve just got an intense headache.  I was told to lay low, drink a lot of fluids and monitor my symptoms.  If it happens again, the RE probably will not want to do Femara again.  Monitoring U/S is Thursday morning. I’m so afraid that this time it really will work, O will be on a normal time frame and we will miss it because I’m down and feeling like crap πŸ™ 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 20’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors