(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 20

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 736
2797 posts
Sugar bee

Feist:  Welcome. Thank you for the insight on O situation. Hmm.. I thought if one Oed, AF will come 12-15 days later, and LP can not possibly be longer unless it is a pregnancy or anovulatory cycle.

FX all-injectible cycle does the trick for you. Sorry to hear about the DH’s not so great un-freeze try. Same happened to us. Our first IUI, Darling Husband was out of town and we froze thinking swimmers would be fine. Nope – motility went from 40% to less then 15% (and count was not hight, so we were screwed…lol). Clinic said that they see that often with “weaker” sperm. Basically, it is ok if using a donor, as their swimmers are super strong, but if DH’s are on a lower side, the little guys don’t survive the process. Will you be doing frozen with all-injectibles cycle? Super awesome your insurance covers the IUIs! 

Post # 737
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

solnishko1186: My clinic said Clomid can extend the LP, which makes sense since they expect the progesterone to be higher on OI cycles than natural. With Clomid, they expect an LP up to 18 days, so my 23 days was unusual. I think for most people with normal LPs it extends it at most a couple days. But I wanted you to know because the nurse could use that possibility to brush off your concerns.

My clinic said that some sperm just doesn’t like freeze, and we can’t tell anything about how strong it is fresh from it. I was concerned because my Darling Husband had had low motility, but it seemed to be linked to marijuana and thus fixed. This sample that was frozen had all values looking well within normal limits, but there is so much they can’t see. So I’m still kind of concerned there might be an underlying issue like you said.

Next cycle we are doing a fresh IUI since we can’t do frozen. My husband is a med student but he’s on his last rotation that matters so he will be able to do the IUI after this. He’s specializing in surgery, so he leaves for work at 4 or 5 in the morning, so he can’t just schedule it early and do it before work like other people. Our one IUI that we did do, he made the sample in a hospital bathroom and I drove it to the clinic! But now his rotations are over, he has residency interviews all over the country in the coming months, and he’ll be gone weeks at a time. So since we can’t do frozen sperm as we had planned, I’m extending my desogen suppression phase of the cycle from 10 days to 3-4 weeks so he’ll be home and available when IUI time comes.

Post # 738
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi ladies, 

I know I am late to the party on this thread, but I’ve wanted to comment on a few things and figured I should introduce myself! I was on the 6+ month thread for a while but had to take a break for my sanity. Now we are definitely in the 1+ category and it’s looking like it will be even longer so I feel the need for some extra support as we cross into possible IVF territory. I have been reading along and rooting for all you guys and know there’s a lot of experience with IVF around! 

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 26/29

How long have you been together: 9 years, married 4

How long have you been TTC: 19 months 

Issues: Unexplained. Everything comes back absolutely normal hormone wise for me, HSG was ‘textbook’ according to my doctor, and hubs numbers are all awesome. The only thing that has been slightly off is my prolactin level. It was a tiny bit outside of normal ranges on multiple occasions (around 23 when 20 is the high end of normal). I had an MRI done and they found a cyst/tumor in my brain that’s about the size of a pea. But they aren’t even sure if that’s what’s causing the elevated prolactin or not because usually with those levels are in the hundreds. Plus, high prolactin usually causes issues with ovulation and I ovulate fine on my own. I was given the go ahead by a neurosurgeon to continue with treatment, and my levels are now back under 20 with meds. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): I am  in the TWW, three days away from testing on my third IUI. However, a hormonal migraine started up tonight which I get before my period like clockwork. So I’m mentally preparing myself for the test to be negative. If so, I plan to meet with my doctor to talk about IVF. I live about an hour from my clinic so mostt likely won’t actually proceed with IVF until the early spring so I don’t have to drive in the snow early morning for monitoring. But I’m anxious to find out the facts and costs associated for my clinic And what my doctor will recommend for us, 

For fun–The holidays are coming up soon! Which is your favorite? Read more: I think I will go with Christmas! So many fun things and time with family! 

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-20/#ixzz3r8SfWa6l

Post # 739
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hey,  I’ve been silent for awhile, this whole process is just blah.  I had my mom do my HCG shot for me so I wouldn’t have to go into the doctor 3 days in a row.

I’m doing my first IUI tomorrow, I thought we had lost our sterile cup so we were freaking out…and it was in my jacket pocket.  

I’m taking the whole day off because it is my first one, what do you ladies do?

Post # 740
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

accorn:  My first one I just took the time I needed to be at the clinic off, went straight into work after. I was a little crampy but I also have a very physically active job and run around with little kids all day. If I were sitting at a desk it would have been better. My second one fell on a Saturday so I went home and rested which was great because it was more painful that the first. My third I took a half day and it was ok, still in some pain in the afternoon but I had an event at work I couldn’t miss so it was what it was. If you have no trouble taking the day off I would! It’s nice to just come home and relax and veg afterward! 

Post # 741
2797 posts
Sugar bee

Well, i was hopeful for a minute yesterday for nothing. Took a wondfo and saw a line. However it was a bad indent line, was whiter that the strip itself. I have never seen those on wondfos before so was hopeful. Retested with a frer, and nothing. Retested with another wondfo and it has same indent line, so i guess its a screwy batch. It wasn’t photographing well, but i tweeked it. Do you see the ugly indent? Excuse the cat hair (we have two :))

Post # 742
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

solnishko1186:  Thanks! They check follicle count and size and also do labs. They estimate 10 days of meds, but everyone is different. I bet I will go a bit longer.

Feist:  Sorry to see you here but I hope your next plan works! That’s great that your insurance covers everything – mine is the same, but of course now we’re doing IVF! They did cover some of my meds though, so that was a nice surprise. 

Post # 743
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

MrsLondon:  Hi, sorry to see you here too but it’s great to get feedback from IVF veterans! Hopefully you won’t need it though 

accorn:  Good luck with the IUI!!! We just went back to work after the IUI, but I work from home so it wasn’t much of a decision. I was kind of crampy the rest of the day but nothing awful.

solnishko1186:  I see a line there!

AFM, u/s monitoring this morning went well I guess?? I have 12 follies one one side with the lead of 8.5 mm and 11 on the other with the lead of 9 mm. Tonight is med day 5, so I guess it’s ok that they’re still small? They will call with my E2 levels later (my skin is SO broken out, so I feel like it should be higher). We have enough, but now I’m worried they won’t grow! I go back Friday morning…

Post # 744
2797 posts
Sugar bee

RunnerBride13:  23 follies total is great! I hope they make them grow. 9mm leads for only 5 days of meds sounds pretty good. FX super hard you get a lot of mature eggies at retrieval.

I see a line too, but the damn thing in not real. It is super white, with indent outlines around the edges. I re-tested yesterday and today with frers and absolutly nothing. Those wondfos are seriously screwing with my head.

Post # 745
2797 posts
Sugar bee

accorn:  Good Luck with the IUI tomorrow! Are you bringing in the sample for Darling Husband or is he going in person with you? I work close to the clininc, so I went to work right after the IUI. I had some cramping and spotting, but not too bad. The IUI itself was a bit painful.

Feist:  His schedule sounds crazy, wow. He must of “loved” doing it rushing in the bathroom at the hospital…ha. But nice to have a doctor in the family 🙂 I was pretty bummed too that we can’t do frozen anymore. Kinda makes me question the “quality” of even fresh swimmers. LOL.

MrsLondon:  Welcome, hope your stay is short. FX for third time is the charm. It sucks to be few days away from AF and feel all the pms symptoms, such a dissapointment. We have similar situation to yours – also unexplained and waiting for AF any minute from second IUI. We will try last one before the end of the year, and if nada, will start the ivf process after January.

Post # 746
13563 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Hi bees! We’re at 700+ posts on this thread (eep!). Could someone please start a Part 21? Thank you!!! xo

Post # 747
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

MissCountryGirl727:  Thanks for your thoughts! That’s exactly how my husband feels. And he definitely has a lot more hope than I do that we’ll still do this naturally.

saratiara2:  Thanks! I love what you said about me viewing it as the next step to getting pregnant, and him viewing it as a way to verify that something is or isn’t wrong. That’s exactly how he feels. It’s like he thinks the doctor’s office is ripping us off by suggesting we pay for treatment when there is nothing wrong.

mkat37:  I hear you about having to do more more cycle with no plan. We literally missed my FW this cycle. And I don’t even care anymore.

Thanks, everyone!

Post # 748
442 posts
Helper bee

RunnerBride13:  Soooo many follies! Awe, you’re an egg machine lady!! Keep em growing!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 20’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors