(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 21

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 601
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Ok, so I did another cheapy OPK and it came up positive straight away, so I’m assuming my surge is beginning this morning. I’m going to trigger today at lunch (in about an hour!)

Post # 602
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Sorry for the delayed response but I”m glad your sono went well! I’m with you on the wanting to move on quickly. We find out next Tuesday when we start in Feb but I’m ready to go now. I”m hoping the next few weeks go quickly. 

Here’s to all of us making it through 2015 (including the final gauntlet of the holidays) and many many graduations in 2016. 

Post # 603
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  good luck triggering!

View original reply
MattieK:  
View original reply
hogoboom2012:  thanks, ladies!  I actually did surprisingly well!  It helps that this friend knows what’s going on and has been super supportive.  Her husband has a habit of asking if being around their kids makes people want kids more/less/or the same, and I’m really glad he didn’t say shit tonight because I might’ve smacked him.

Post # 604
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  My understanding is that trigger shot works when you use it prior to your LH surge. The Hcg takes over for ovulation since your hormones haven’t risen enough on their own to cause you to ovulate. However, I think if you get a positive opk/lh surge there is no harm in triggering, you just won’t get the full effect of additional egg maturity support from the Hcg. Hope that helps!

Post # 605
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
arielmerms:  Thanks!

View original reply
BeverlyGeese:  Good stuff, that’s what I needed. Thanks! I’ve done it mid surge, so I think I’m comfortable with that. I think it was good timing, since hopefully there’s still some time – but you know, there’s no miracle happening here… I just want to make sure the egg fully comes away, so at the very least, I will have a TWW with an end date in sight. Sad hey? 😉 

Post # 606
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  I haven’t been posting much, but following along and wanted to chime in for you on cost of injectiblues with IUI. I did Gonal-F and Ovidrel trigger shot for all three of mine. It was about $400 total for both medications. I only needed a low dose of meds since I respond well so I got by with 1 300iu pen of the gonal-f. I also applied for a self pay discount from that company and got 25% off. I feel like my cost of men’s is pretty low compared to most so I just wanted to give you the other side of it. Maybe ask your doctor which protocol he would use so you can price check. 

I’ve been feeling down lately with all of the Christmass pregnancy announcements and trying to do my best to be grateful for what I have instead of dwelling on what I don’t. I know you all know better than anyone that is hard to do. I’ve been reading along though and rooting for all of you. Hopefully 2016 is our year. 

Post # 607
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
jammer62:  I hear you on the New Year’s thing. We said the same thing last new year’s. I’m still trying to remain hopeful for the next year, but I’m getting fairly burnt out on it all.

I vascillate between being okay with it all and not. 

AFM, I’ve sort of been avoiding my coworker. At this point she’s about 5 months along, and definitely showing. Still every lunch hour, all people want to talk about are the baby. It gets hard.

DH and I are headed up to SF next month to spend his birthday with his family, and he made it clear he wants to visit with two couple friends. One has a 1.5 year old and the others have a 5 month old (they had a honeymoon baby and she’s 41). I told him I really didn’t want to, and he got irritated. He just doesn’t get it. Doesn’t get that it’s hard being around it all. Hard not to cry. But I know I have to suck it up because I can’t just alienate all my friends.

I’m 7dpo today, AF is due in a week. Usual 7dpo symptoms which is mainly tender boobs. Once AF arrives next week, I’ll call RE to get rolling on the IUI #3. I don’t feel ready, but my insurance approved everything (when they shouldn’t have approved anything) so we’re going to go ahead with it while the approval is still good.

Post # 608
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

IUI is ON! It’s been quite a day. In the morning, husband sees a slot has opened up in our city for his test on Wednesday, so he pays the $125 switch fee to avoid having to fly to another city for it, though flight is non-refundable. It’s an 8 hour test so he would still be unavailable for IUI on Wednesday. We need to be able to push it until Thursday.

I go in for monitoring and the follicle is 20mm and my estrogen level is ready to go. Two days ago it was 15! There is fluid at top of cervix – so that’s not great, not sure what the fluid means exactly but the NP asked me if I had been spotting. They tell me if we try to wait I could ovulate through the cetrotide. I don’t understand how it can stop women doing IVF with 20 eggs and ridiculous E2 from ovulating but not my one follicle and 200-something E2. I don’t understand why they told me they could probably push things a day if they actually couldn’t. And of course at that point I’m pissed that my husband procrastinated for months on scheduling this test when I asked him to repeatedly.

My husband was insisting he could give the sample on a break during his test but that just wouldn’t work logistically. Got home and I find a slot open for Thursday in Canada, 3 hours away. Made sure we could find passports, paid change fee again, booked hotel in Canada. We decided to stay en extra night for New Years as we’ll be right by where the fireworks and celebration are. Trigger tonight, IUIs tomorrow and Wednesday. It’s happening. It better.

Post # 609
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Feist:  so glad to hear that the timing of it all is working out!  Good luck today and tomorrow!  And enjoy the fireworks!    

Post # 610
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  wow. Ok then. If that’s the cost we’re looking at, IUI might be delayed too. I don’t think meds count towards our deductible either. I wish MI had better mandates about coverage! Thank you for the insight! 

Post # 611
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
arielmerms:  I’m glad he didn’t say anything. While I’m learning that some of the comments people make are because they’re well intented really don’t help at all. Makes me realize all the more how much I won’t ask anymore!! 

View original reply
MrsLondon:  thank you!! That type of cost we could do multiple times if we had to. I appreciate the help! And I so hope you’re right and we get the 2016 miracles. 

View original reply
Feist:  yay!!!! I’m SO glad things are working out ok. And a mini vacation out of it will be perfect. 

Sorry for the multiple posts. On my phone because we’re currently stranded at my parents waiting for car parts. Of course it’s FW (supposedly) and BD is not an option here at all. OPK’s are still negative though so I’m hoping we’ll still get a chance. 

Post # 612
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
hogoboom2012: One other thing to mention about doing injectible IUI vs oral meds is that my doctors office charges more for that type of cycle. they offer package discounts on IUI that include all monitoring and bloodwork and the actual IUI stuff. It works out to be cheaper to pay the package upfront than all separate most of the time. So the injectible package at our office was $1600 vs I think around $1000 for oral meds. I assume this is because you require more monitoring with the stronger meds, idk I never went for oral meds. So total my IUI cycles cost about $2000. Just wanted to let you know that as well! GL!

Post # 613
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
WillowB:  I did clomid 2-6 but like others have said wouldn’t worry about it. Different doctors, different bodies, different protocols.

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  I used to be so petrified of needles I would cry every time I needed one for like the first 18yrs of my life. That seems laughable now! Honestly just go for it and change location each time as with the amount of injections I have had at different times my stomach has become a bit of a war zone at times.

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  a nice, reliable cycle end would be awesome.

Post # 614
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
Feist:  good luck!

Post # 615
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi all!  I’ve been reading the 1+ threads for a while now, but DH and I finally crossed the 1 year mark so I think it’s time for me to join.

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 34/35

How long have you been together: 2.5 years

How long have you been TTC: Started NTNP October 2014, officially TTC since December 2014.

Issues: Well, I was initially diagnosed with PCOS in June.  3 cycles on BCP and and 3.5 Clomid cycles later, I had an HSG done since I was ovulating but not getting pregnant despite good BD timing.  Neither of my fallopian tubes were visible on X-ray and it looks like I have fibroids or some other unknown issue with my uterus.  I have an MRI scheduled this Saturday to get more clarity on what’s happening with my uterus and depending on what’s found, may be having a laparascopy in Feb/March timeframe to address it.  While she’s in there, the doc will also check my tubes to see if they are actually blocked or were just spasming during the HSG.  If they are indeed blocked, most likely they will also be removed so as not to impede IVF attempts.

DH’s bloodwork and SA all came back mostly normal (morphology was a little lower than she likes, but not terrible).  DH goes for another SA mid-January.  He rides a bike for his job, so I’m thankful for winter because he’ll be in a car more often, so hopefully improving his results.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,)  At this point, I’m not really sure.  A lot will depend on what is found during the MRI. We got the news about blocked tubes right at the start of my FW this cycle, so I’m going to finish out this month’s chart, but will probably put all the test strips, thermometers, and supplements away for the next couple months at least.  While I’m hopeful that nothing major is found, at the same time, I’m trying to be realistic.  If I had to guess, we’ll end up doing IVF at some point in 2016.

Favorite thing to make/do/bake for the holidays? This year’s holidays have been a little devoid of joy due to all the bad news.  But, in general, my favorite thing is to wrap gifts!  We’ve done gift-free Christmas with our families the last two years, so this year I wrapped a bunch of the framed artwork hanging on our walls so it looked like we had presents everywhere!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 21’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors