(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Happy New Year! I have not been active on this thread, but I figure part of my new year resolutions will be to offer more support and be more active on this thread 🙂

Age/Partner’s Age: 28/30

How long have you been together: 7 years

How long have you been TTC: October/November 2014

Issues: Nothing that we know of. We conceived cycle 12 in October, but that was a MMC. I’m on my second cycle since miscarriage

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,). BBT charting, OPKs, baby aspirin. If we don’t conceive again by March I’ll be calling my OBGYN and pressing for testing.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Well, of course get pregnant is number 1! I want to try to sew/craft something new each week. It’s total stress relief.

Post # 4
4270 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Just wanted to say how much I hope 2016 is all you ladies’ year, and that I’m sending love and prayers and “sticky baby dust” your way. 

Post # 5
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Me 33, DH 40

How long have you been together: a little over 8 years, married ~2.5

How long have you been TTC: 2.5+ years (over a year of that was medical pause between DH and I)

Issues: Me- DOR (AMH 0.3/AFC 5) and Severe endometriosis, DH- Azoospermia

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc.): My first cycle of IVF/ICSI is scheduled for mid January (eek!). Assuming I respond to the meds and grow some follicles DH will have a microTESE surgery the day before my egg retreival to hopefully find some sperm to hopefully make some embryos that will then hopefully take.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Decrease my anxiety and stop taking on other people’s problems. Since my mom died a few years ago I’ve been taking on almost all of her family responsibilities. Now my dad is very, very ill and I’ve been trying to help my mentally ill brother, while working an intense job and dealing with our infertility BS. It’s all become too much stress for me. My goal is to give back as much resonsibility as I can to my family and stop (or at least significantly reduce) stressing about things I can’t fix, like my brother and my dad. And to get pregnant, obviously:)

Post # 6
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 28/27

How long have you been together: 10 years, married 3.5

How long have you been TTC: 2years 3 months

Issues: PCOS, partner has low motility but good count.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): already done clomid so we’re all set up for IVF (ICSI) starting my next period. My last cycle ended up being 8 weeks and I’m on day 7 now so god knows when we will be actually starting but have all the meds ready! Have been told I will be needing lower dosages and extra monitoring due to over stimulating on one of the clomid cycles eek! Have always nosied on this thread so thought I would try and be more active now were at this point! 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?:

To get pregnant! Just trying to spend the rest of this cycle relaxing amd getting out walking. I’ve got exams I should be doing for work but I keep putting them off with all the TTC stress so should really aim at at least planning when I’m going to tackle these! 

Post # 7
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
Aqualov:  looks like we might be starting IVF around the same time – good luck! 🙂 

Post # 8
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
mini-bride:  Good luck to you as well:)

Post # 9
1067 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 29/36

How long have you been together: 5years

How long have you been TTC: 19 months 

Issues: Unexplained recurrent miscarriage. 4 early losses. I have endometriosis but it’s been removed.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We have 2 more cycles to get pregnant or it’s back to the FS. If we have another loss then he also wants to change our protocol. He does think it could be immune related due to endo but nothing that can be confirmed. 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: To try to appreciate our time as a couple without kids and not be so focussed on having a child. To keep up with exercise.

Post # 10
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t have too much to contribute on my end these days, but I will try and be better about posting! I always follow along and read but am terrible about posting myself.

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 27/29

How long have you been together: 10 years in 2016! Married for 4.5

How long have you been TTC: 19 months? Since May 2014 

Issues: Unexplained. The only thing that has ever come back anything less than perfect is my prolactin was slightly high (23 when 20 is high normal). Been on meds for it since June and it has gone down into normal range.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): Trying naturally until probably March then IVF. Just want to get through the worst of winter since my doctor is an hour away.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: A baby please! Trying to let go and relax! 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-22/#ixzz3vuUEGPxk

Post # 11
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 31/30

How long have you been together: 4.5 years, married 2.5 years

How long have you been TTC: Cycle #6 for Baby #2

Issues: Severe MFI (low count)  and I seem to have some hormonal issues or something going on (very short LP) 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,):     Currently taking Clomid Cd 5-9. Follicle tracking on Monday (CD12) and then trigger and IUI #1.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Trying to eat a bit healthier and  use technology/social media less. 

Post # 12
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
MrsLondon:  I answered on the previous thread before I realized it was closed but I spot on CD8 and get AF on CD9 like clockwork every cycle.

Post # 13
523 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 31/41

How long have you been together: 3 years

How long have you been TTC: 10 months

Issues: I don’t ovulate (or at least regularly) and his sperm has poor motility (borderline morphology), second SA was better but not great, waiting to hear back about the third SA from urologist (appointment 1/8)

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) IUI with clomid/hcg trigger for 3 cycles and then IVF,

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Getting pregnant and husband getting a new job, I hope to exercise more

I had my CD2 baseline bloodwork/ultrasound this morning and it could not have gone worse- dr found a large cyst on my left ovary (wasn’t there in November of course). Clomid is a no go this cycle. The dr told me to come back in 4 weeks for a recheck. They are willing to do a random start clomid cycle if the cyst has shrunk. If there is no change to the cyst, they would recommend surgery.

So IUI cycle number 1 has been pushed back. I’m so disappointed. More shitty news.

Post # 14
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 30/40

How long have you been together: Together 7 years, married 2.5

How long have you been TTC: I started trying (unsuccessfully) to get my period/ovulation back when we got married in 2013, and we started seeing an RE a year ago.

Issues: I have hypothalamic amenorrhea and will only ovulate with injectables; he has MFI (lowish count, lowish motility, super low morphology). We tried 3 IUIs since they were covered by insurance, but 2 were cancelled and the other didn’t work. Started IVF w/ICSI in November, got 3 perfect/almost perfect embryos, transferred one, and got a BFN. We did not do PGS testing, so I’m hoping it was just an abnormal embryo and one of our other 2 frozen ones are good!

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We are starting a FET cycle in January. I am currently on Day 3 of BCPs, and I am having an endometrial biopsy on 1/5. Then one more week of BCPs and then we start estrogen and progesterone for the FET, which will hopefully be at the end of January. We will just transfer in one embryo at a time and hope that one sticks! If not, we’ll do another retrieval cycle with PGS testing.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: I never make resolutions, but I’ll make some goals. Obviously I want to get pregnant, but I don’t feel like I have a whole lot of control over that! My big goal, which I started last month, is to try to be happy and make this process easier on DH, and the both of us. For a while I was spending my nights sobbing and full of anxiety, but after our BFN I just decided I had to let go and get myself together if I want DH to be willing to do this again (hopefully we won’t have to though!). It really made a big difference in both of our attitudes, so I am going to try to keep that going.

Post # 15
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Novella:  Thanks for starting the new thread!

View original reply
saratiara2:  Thanks!

View original reply
Aqualov:  So excited for your cycle! I really hope this works for you!

View original reply
mini-bride:  Welcome!

View original reply
Dreaming13:  So sorry!! Don’t they sometimes give people BCPs to “quiet” a cyst?

AFM, just chuggin along on BCPs (my skin is already broken out!). I have been visiting family and come back home tomorrow, I have a long meeting Sunday and Monday, and my endometrial scratch is Tuesday! I’ll stop BCPs the following Tuesday and hopefully get AF so we can get this FET show on the road!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors