(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Novella:  Thank you for starting the new thread — great idea for a fresh start! And happy new year to all the Australian bees!

Catch up from last thread:

View original reply
Feist:  I’m so impressed you made this happen. Enjoy the fireworks tonight!

View original reply
WillowB:  Probably what the RE meant is that the short LP may have been due to weak ovulation, leading to an insufficient corpus luteum producing insufficient amounts of progesterone. If clomid gives you a nice strong ovulation, then presumably you would have a nice strong corpus luteum, and not need supplementation. I think some doctors are a little gun shy with the progesterone because actually it’s not without consequence — there is a higher incidence of hypospadias (urethral opening in the wrong place on the penis) in children of women given progestins early in pregnancy — http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16203941 (I can send the fll article if you’d like). Not that hypospadias is the end of the world, but it suggests that there may be other less obvious hormonal consequences of progestin supplementation in offspring, so it makes sense to be discriminating about its use. Hopefully with the clomid you won’t need it!

Post # 17
1111 posts
Bumble bee

Age/Partner’s Age: 30

How long have you been TTC: almost 2 years.

Issues: Skinny PCOS for me (I’m also considered high risk due to my history of PEs) and none so far for DH, although sometimes his sperm count is on the lower end but our RE isn’t concerned. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): Going to move forward with a few more medicated IUIs and then start exploring IVF, perhaps even adoption. We’re currently taking a break until the spring.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: To lose all of the weight I gained this past year (Cliche, I know). I’m definitely not fat (only a size 4) but my jiggly bits are out of control.  I also want to be more positive–this past year has really sucked the life out of me.

Just popping in to say baby dust to all. Although I don’t post much since we’re taking a break, I’m still keeping tabs on all of you and really hoping 2016 is your year! FX!

Post # 18
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Thanks:) I can’t say I’m optimistic, but I’m excited!

Post # 19
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Question: would it be OK to roll call on this board? We haven’t been TTC for a year but we’re TTC through an RE because we’re same sex so reading through Part 21 I definitely related so much more to you ladies than couples who are still in the “normal” stages of TTC. This is only our first cycle however, with very normal 3 day monitoring results so I totally understand if everyone feels strongly about keeping it to those who have been working really, really hard already. 

Post # 20
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
EL2101:  I think that’s fine!! We could use a BFP around here, but no pressure!! Are you doing IUI with donor sperm? 

Post # 21
905 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Wonderful! We are IUI-ing with donor sperm – it changes the experience for sure, with the limited viability of donor sperm, and my wife just kind of hanging in the sidelines.. The window being so small stresses me to no end! My last O got delayed after a stint on Augmentin (antibiotics). AF due 1/7 and IUI Around CD 17, depending on my positive OPK. 

Post # 22
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Good luck and baby dust from a former member of this board.

After many IUI failures and right before I started IVF, I found this quote and it really helped me. I read it to myself every morning.

Post # 23
905 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 27/33

How long have you been together: 3 years, married 6mos! 

How long have you been TTC: Jan will be our first cycle

Issues: We’re a same-sex couple! 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Our first IUI with donor sperm is this next cycle (currently on CD30). My protocol is OPK’s from CD 9 until a positive and IUI the next day. Very nervous that its completely dependent on my (lack of) expertise! 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: I want to drink more water!!! And continue working on improving team dynamics at work, the last 6mos have been hell due to some real immaturity within my team. Time for everyone to get it together!

Post # 24
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
MattieK:  that’s interesting. Thanks for the info. I was on progesterone for my previous pregnancy and had a DS. She never explained that to me before. 

Post # 25
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 30/33

How long have you been together: together five years, married a little over one year.

How long have you been TTC: one year and one month.

Issues: PCOS, poor lining on oral meds, husband always out of town recently.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) I’m one dpo on my first injectable & IUI cycle. I’ll be moving back to my old city and old doc before another cycle. I’ll probably try two more injectable & IUI cycles before looking at IVF. If I do IVF it would hopefully be with some state funding. I’ll probably try to do it in New York City at a clinic with good FET rates instead of a more local clinic as they all have not great FET rates. And with PCOS, I want good FET rates.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: This year I’m moving back home in January. Then in March we find out where my husband matched for residency. Then in May we move to our new city. And hopefully a baby or at least the start of a pregnancy in the next year. So I’m not making resolutions to add any more change to my next year. My only resolution is to use Marie Kondo’s techniques to get our stuff reduced pre-move.

i’m including a pic of part of my awesome view at the hotel 🙂  

Post # 26
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Happy New Year to all you wonderful ladies!  My hope for this year is that none of us have to roll call on this thread at this time next year!

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 31/32

How long have you been together: 7 years.  Married almost 3.5

How long have you been TTC: 1.5 years

Issues: Nothing.  We’re currently in the unexplained category.  I do have irregular cycles with occasional midcycle spotting so I do think there’s something hidden going on but we just haven’t found it yet!

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We’re currently on Cycle 2 of unmonitored Femara.  We’re going back to see our RE in 2 weeks to reassess and hopefully move forward with IUI.  I’m still charting, taking OPKs, and trying acupuncture.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Obviously, I hope this is the year we finally get pregnant.  But since I don’t have much control over that right now, I want to work on being in a physically and mentally healthier place this year.  I want to get back into my paleo eating habits, enjoy my time with DH, and concentrate more on non-TTC projects.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-22/#ixzz3vwmGVgEj

Post # 27
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 29/30

How long have you been together: 10 years this month 🙂 We’ve been married for a year and a half

How long have you been TTC: 10th cycle is about to start

Issues: MFI (0% morphology, low-ish concentration and motility), possible DOR (AMH = 0.48)

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) probably IVF with ICSI.  I have CD3 bloodwork in a few days and then DH has a second SA on Tuesday.  Once we get insurance authorization (after his second SA), then we’ll start the process of getting ready for IVF.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Get pregnant!  I also want to read more books (I’ve read two while I’ve been off this week, and I need to get into the habit of reading after work) and I want to get back into running a little bit.  I also want to try to drink less on weeknights.

I’m so thankful for you ladies and your support!  Happy New Year!

Post # 28
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Feist:  Gorgeous view!  How did DH’s exam go?

View original reply
ajillity81:  I love that!

Post # 29
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Did our other board explode? I usually copy and paste my roll call here, haha.

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 31 / 33

How long have you been together: Uni sweethearts, together since we were 18/19. Married for 5 years this year.

How long have you been TTC: For #1, 2 years. For #2, we’re at 28 months now.

Issues: PCOS and annovulatory cycles, low mot/morph male factor, recurrent miscarriages

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Well, we are looking into our options. First things first, using up our 7 frozen embryos – though I don’t think they’ll be any good. Secondly, were going to get another opinion from a big-wig IVF company (will cost us a small fortune) and see what they would do differently, before we decide if we change or not.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016? We WILL get pregnant this year. I’m going to try my bloody hardest to make that happen. We’re all overdue for some miracles.

Post # 30
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
arielmerms:  I think it went well, thanks for asking. He gets his grade in about two weeks so we won’t know for sure until then. He keeps pausing and saying “Oh my god it’s over!” The stress is still falling off.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors